Are itr filing and form #cd uploading independent

chork (student)     12 September 2013

chork
student 
 1 likes  143 points

| My Other Post

Is E filing of Form 3 CD and ITR form  independent?? If the entity has tax auditor for tax audit,responsible for tax audit report and other firm as tax consultant for filing the return,what is the procedure to be followed for filing??? Please let me know at the earliest

avater

sanjay singhal (CA)     12 September 2013

sanjay singhal
CA 
 64 likes  977 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Income tax return filling & form 3CB /3CD  filling is independent activity.

Tax auditor is only required to upload 3cb/3cd forms along with financials. Income tax return can be filed by other person after approving form 3CB/3CD from client ID.

CA Sanjay Singhal

2 Like
avater

chork (student)     12 September 2013

chork
student 
 1 likes  143 points

Sir,We just download the 3cd fill it,then generate xml and upload the 3cd along with the financials,so the job of tax auditor ends there???

avater

sanjay singhal (CA)     12 September 2013

sanjay singhal
CA 
 64 likes  977 points

Auditor role is only to conduct audit and submit audit report to client. 

Now it is duty of the client to submit audit report & ITR with income tax department. If auditor uploads form 3cb /3CD it means he has submitted audit report to the client. But now it is duty of client to approve it with their ID .

Please note audit report will not be considered as submitted with income tax department  untill it is approved by the client.

CA Sanjay Singhal

Shubham (Article assistant)     08 September 2019

Shubham
Article assistant 
 22 points

Sir can you please elaborate wheather ITR can be filled / everified before uploading form 3CB 3CD?

avater

Suresh Thiyagarajan (Student)     08 September 2019

Suresh Thiyagarajan
Student 
 236 likes  3779 points

1. As rightly said by Mr. Sanjay, Tax audit and filing of return is an independent activity. 
2. First filing of form 3CB and 3CD is to be done. Tax auditor appointed for carrying out tax audit is to be mentioned in the above form. Once tax audit report is submitted through online, the same should be given while filing an Income tax return. 
3. For Income tax return there is no specific appointment and in your case tax consultant details need not be specified in the ROI. 
4. In a nutshell first file Audit report and then file Income tax return. 
Please correct me if the above solution has an alternative view. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »