Appointment of director in agm/egm

prakash (Company Secretary)     18 September 2014

prakash
Company Secretary 
 97 likes  1347 points

| My Other Post

Dear All,

Can a person be appointed as director directly in AGM/EGM without being appointed as additional director by board  in the company?

avater

P C Agrawal (Vice President (Corporate))     18 September 2014

P C Agrawal
Vice President (Corporate) 
 819 likes  8045 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Definitely yes.  On the  contrary, as  a general rule right to appoint directors  lies  with  members only.  [Sec.152(2)].  It is  only as an exception that limited right  has been given  to Board to appoint directors in a few cases (i.e. additional director  and to  fill casual  vacancy) subject to certain conditions.  The  need of filing DIR.12 twice can  be avoided if the director is appointed in AGM/EGM directly.

1 Like
avater

CSRenuBang (CS)     29 September 2014

CSRenuBang
CS 
 48 points

Sir, what are the compliances required in case of Appointment of Director in AGM, who is daughter of existing Director in the Company.

avater

Chetan Patankar (Company Secretary)     29 September 2014

Chetan Patankar
Company Secretary 
 6 likes  269 points

If the person to be appointed at AGM as a Director who is other than retiring director the sec. 160 is to be complied with.

avater

CSRenuBang (CS)     02 October 2014

CSRenuBang
CS 
 48 points

ok thanks.. can a father director vote for  appointment of a daughter as a director?

avater

hrishikesh (Company Secretary)     11 October 2014

hrishikesh
Company Secretary 
 54 points

Originally posted by : CSRenuBang
ok thanks.. can a father director vote for  appointment of a daughter as a director?

No, he being interested in the resoluion, cant.

avater

Chetan Patankar (Company Secretary)     11 October 2014

Chetan Patankar
Company Secretary 
 6 likes  269 points

even if the father is a member & Director he can vote. second proviso to s. 188 talks only about special resolutions. No problem at all.

trupti (CS)     15 June 2015

trupti
CS 
 21 points

i have one question

our companies MD as reappointed but time han been lapsed 1 year. /and our copmanies not necessary as MD.

so we want us to change in designation MD to diretor.

what is process?

Mrs.n (CS, LL.B )     31 August 2019

Mrs.n
CS LL.B  
 10 likes  407 points

Originally posted by : P C Agrawal
Definitely yes.  On the  contrary, as  a general rule right to appoint directors  lies  with  members only.  [Sec.152(2)].  It is  only as an exception that limited right  has been given  to Board to appoint directors in a few cases (i.e. additional director  and to  fill casual  vacancy) subject to certain conditions.  The  need of filing DIR.12 twice can  be avoided if the director is appointed in AGM/EGM directly.

Thank you so very much Agrawal sir , 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »