Discussion on pursuing CA after 40. Many share real examples of people qualifying in their 40s, 50s and even 60s. Key message: age is not a barrier, but commitment, time and career goals must be considered before deciding.
I am 60 years old and am planning to take CA final exam in Nov. 2016.
I registered for my CA Articles in 1977 and everything was going so well. I cleared my Intermediate exam in Nov. 1978 (IPCC). I cleared two groups of final in May 1980 ( used to be three groups in final then). But then I had to visit USA for some family reasons and I got stuck here. I settled here and am doing quite well in business. I visited in India fiirst time after that in 1999 and thought that I am too old to take CA exam now. It was very easy for me to pass then though. I had to appear in 1 paper in group 1 and score only 40 and 2 papers in group 2 and score 40 in each. But I decided that it is not useful for me anymore.
Now at 60 I regret not to complete my CA back then. I want to come back to India once for all. Although, I am not going to make a living out of it but I still feel that I must have CA before my name. Recently on my visit to India, I visted ICAI and enquired about the procedure to complete my CA.
Unfortunately, they told me that since the sylabbus has changed, I have to pass both groups of final exam.
I am so determined to do it that I will take both both groups. Althugh I have full time job and famuily, I still take it a challenge. I am trying to appear for both groups in Nov. 2016. I am sure sooner rather than later I will pass the final exams.
If you want to do then nothing else matters just proceed with your dreams and passion. If I come in contact with anyone who did CA after 40 then definitely let you know
I am 49year old woman, passed CA inter in 1994 , but marriage and family pressures prevented me from passing final Exams, I have always wanted to clear the final exams, dear friends is it too late to give a try, my children have flown the nest, I have enough free time to Persue my dream, your advice means a lot to me
I am 46 years old doing my CMA since last 4 yrs. not getting so much time for preparation, I am not worried about the completion of CMA but I am increasing my knowledge which will help me in the future job.
I became CA at the age of 39...i m average student...and started because i wanted to do something for myself.I wont say it was easy...but precious things are always difficult to achieve....i m struggling to start my career as a fresher...but i can overcome that too...its never too late.....so if you are determined....go for it....
How to motivate myself to prepare my CA Final exams? Im 40 years old now. I passed CA IPCC in 2010. Since then Im out of touch of study. I am working, earning well but somewhere in my heart I feel empty as I left my CA Final exam and I might be a CA as well.
Leave a Reply
Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies