Agricultural income and tax calculation.

Hi,

I have invested in the farming practised by my father. The sum invested is around a lakh of rupees. I have invested this on a tractor, not sure what type of an asset I should be claiming it as. The machinery is registered on my dad's name. Is there a way I or my dad can claim some tax rebate on this?

 

In addition I have been investing some money for the farming practise and incuring losses. Can I claim some tax relief upon the money I have spent on farming, and/or its losses. [well agriculture is not really profitable you see :)]

Thanks,

Balaji S

Replies (1)

When Agirculture Income is fully exempt U/s 10 of IT Act, the question of claiming any deduction or relief does not arise.

Whether your farming is profit or loss, it is nothing to do with allowability sett off your loss or any relief under IT Act. 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
Finance Manager

Mugdha Art Studio

Hyderabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details