ABOUT NISM

Rahul Bansal (Finalist) (35929 Points)

15 May 2010  

NISM-Series-I: Currency Derivatives Certification Examination (NISM-Series-I: CD Examination)

The examination seeks to create a common minimum knowledge benchmark for persons working in the Currency Derivatives market segment, in order to enable a better understanding of currency markets and exchange traded currency future products, better quality investor service, operational process efficiency and risk controls.

Examination Objectives
On successful completion of the examination the candidate should:

• Know the basics of currency markets and specifically Exchange Traded Currency Futures markets.

• Understand the trading, clearing and settlement mechanisms related to Currency Futures markets and basic investment strategies that use currency futures products.

• Know the regulatory environment in which the Currency Futures markets operate in India.

Assessment Structure
The NISM-Series-I: CD Examination is of 100 marks, has 60 questions, and should be completed in 2 hours. There is negative marking of 25% of the marks assigned to a question. The passing score for the examination is 60%.

Candidates who wish to appear for the Currency Derivatives Certification Examination can click here ONLINE Registration. They can register/pay fees/enroll for the test online.

For more information on NISM and the NISM-Series-I: CD Examination click here.

Test Details

Sr. No. Name of Module Fees (Rs.) Test Duration (in minutes) No. of Questions Maximum Marks Pass Marks* (%) Certificate # Validity (in years)
1 NISM-Series-I: Currency Derivatives Certification Examination 1000 120 60 100 60 3