A/Cs Not Validated error has implications further - ITR Utility

Rajesh (NA) (248 Points)

18 June 2021  

Dear All,

As some of you may be aware and some also raised queries on this forum, in the ITR offline utility as it fetches data from portal, under Bank A/C section, it shows all A/Cs as Not Validated even though you may have some A/Cs validated on the portal. You select one or two for Refund credit in the utility.

This error (It shows that no A/C is validated at all) has some implications in the final stage. Proceed to last stage in the utility and on last page even though it shows tick marks against the same A/Cs for refund credit, just download the PDF and you find that since no A/C is validated (As per the erroneous data) in the PDF the tick marks are removed.

Now it's unclear what final data it will take on final submission?

I have a humble request to the CAs on this forum. How do I formally write a letter signed by me listing  all errors that I have seen on new portal and in the utility to Income Tax Department? To whom I send this letter?

I need a legal record that I sent the concerns thru a documented Register AD or EMS Post. Online grievance does not work. I see that my submissions are missing next day! I am a software developer by profession and I have found critical issues with portal and utility.

The initial stage of frustration is over and now I am more concerned how the whole thing of filing my return is going to turn out now!

Thanks and regards.