44ada and business code 14009

Hi,

I teach at a few educational institutes as a consultant. I do not own those institutes. I am also registered as a GST consultant. So far I have been showing my business code as 14009. But that disallows me to get beenfit under 44ada. Is 14009 the right code for me?

Should I be using some other code and get benefit under 44ada?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Ramesh 

Replies (5)
Quick Summary
A consultant providing data science coaching to working professionals is seeking clarification on the correct business code for GST purposes. Currently using code 14009, they are unable to claim benefits under Section 44ADA and wonder if a different code, such as 16005 (Engineering and technical consultancy), might be more appropriate. The core question is whether offering professional teaching services, rather than running an institute, qualifies as a 'business' for the purposes of Section 44ADA.

Just to add I teach for data science coaching institutes typically for working professionals.

Also, I file my GSTR1 under HSN=999293. 

For example, do these codes apply to me?

Other software consultancy == 14002
Engineering and technical consultancy == 16005

Literary activities == 20011

Or any other 44ada code?

Especially given this article https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/wealth/tax/tax-queries-does-teaching-profession-qualifies-for-presumptive-taxation-at-50/articleshow/57887440.cms?from=mdr what do you think?

You can consider code 16005.

see if you think your services are more aligned for 14009, then you actually benefit more as Income-tax department considers 14009 as 44AD bsuiness. Hence, you can offer much lower % of income as profit. 

Thank you. But I could be eligible for Section 44AD only if the activity is considered a business (e.g., running a coaching center or institute)? right?
Can offering professional services, and not running a business be considered a business?

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 03 October 2026
Accountant

A P Lodha and Associates

Jalna

B.Com

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 21 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

KK & Company Chartered Accountant

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
07 October 2026
Senior Account Manager

Amplio Invest

Mumbai

M.Com

View Details