2nd home exemption on notional rent

Hello,

what is the rules,regulation related to exemption of notional rent for 2nd home being owned , that it's outlined in budget 2019?
Replies (4)

It can be taken as NIL, from AY 2020-21 onwards.

thanks sir,is there points to note? same city different city?can I keep it without rent or using it for self?
Yes can keep vacant or using for self

Hi. I have a second home that is currently rented, but I would like to end the tenancy in January 2020. I have 2 questions.

(1) On the actual rent received from April 2019 to January 2020, I will pay tax as Income on House Property (with the standard 30% deduction). For the remaining period from January 2020 to March 2020, can I treat the second home as self-occupied and be exempt from any notional rent?

(2) On my reading of the Income Tax Act section 23, it it unclear if the exemption of the second home from notional rent is applicable from FY2019-20 or FY 2020-21 onwards. Any clarification would be very helpful.

Thank you and Regards,

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
CA Article Trainee

SR BAGAI & Co.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details