Important information on 26AS Download
•Tax Payer can view/download 26AS from TRACES from A.Y 2009-10 onwards
•26 AS is available to view Online in HTML Format.
• 26AS is available for download in two formats:
• 26AS can also be viewed by logging in other related sites which redirects Taxpayer to TRACES: -
• Relevant Bank Account Internet facility: In this case Taxpayer need not to register on TRACES
• NOTE:-Password to open for Form 26AS in PDF/Text Format is “ Date of Birth of Taxpayer“ in DDMMYYYY format.
• Where transactions are 2000 or more than 26AS would be available only in text file. Deductee has to place the download request and need to convert it into excel
Brief Steps : Download 26AS and Converting it to Excel
Login to TRACES,
Taxpayer needs to open text file by giving password as “ Date of Birth of Deductee” in DDMMYYYY format
Zip file will be downloaded
Extract the Text file
Select the complete text and Copy the data to MS Excel Worksheet
Select the entire first column “A” in the worksheet
Click on Data written in the header of MS Excel Worksheet
Select option Text to columns a small window will pop up
Select “Delimited” and click on next
Then select “Others” and Place “^” in the box and click on next
Click on “Finish” and data will get converted to Excel format
Note: - Steps for conversion of text file into excel can be different for different version of excel and operating system.
For tutorials refer the link