ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

200a . how to make short deduction entry while correction.

CA Yogesh Chawla (Chartered Accountant) (134 Points)

22 January 2014  

I have received intimation under section 200 A for short deduction of TDS. My query is this

1) In which challan column should I have to enter short deduction amount.

2) Also how the entry for Short deduction will be done in Consolidated File for correction statement.

Clearance of doubt with example will be higly appreciable.

Thanks in advance. 

7 Replies

CA Kumar Ajay (Following My Dreams) (228 Points)
Replied 22 January 2014

You HAve Asked Toooooo Must....Its A Long Pocedure

Login tdscpc.gov.in

And Request Justification File For The Notice Period As Below

Then Dload Justification File From Download Req Section...When Available.

On Same Page You Will Find Instructions As To How To Open Justification File.

There You Will Come To Know The Challans And Deductee With Short Deduction.

..Then Dload Conso File...........

Open It In NSDL RPU.....And Correct Accordingly.....

You Will Surely Have More Questions.....Keep Asking WhereEver You Are Stuck

IF YOU DONT UNDERSTAND......SEND UNZIPPED CONSO AND JUSTIFICATION FILE TO cakumarajay @ hotmail.com

ill Check And reply

1 Like

Bala Pullaiah B (Salaried) (172 Points)
Replied 23 January 2014

Which software u are using. If Relyon you can see balance amount in challan
1 Like

Replied 23 January 2014

Thanks for showing interest in my query. I think I have not been able to express my query properly. I know about justification and its procedure. My query is. In which challan column TDS, Int, Fees , Others should I deposit the amount. Also how the entry of deductee is to be changed. For eg I deducted TDS u/s 194 C of co. @ 1% of RS.200/- on 22.05.2012 and deposited it on same day.In this case there is short deduction of Rs.200/-. The original entry of deductee will appear as follows. Amt cr Rs.20000/- Amt deducted Rs 200/- Date of Cr. 22.05.2013. Date of Ded 22.05.2013. Please explain how the entry of deductee is to be feeded in new challan along with dates assuming I am depositing TDS today.

Mahendra Ojha (Assistant Manager - Finance)   (33 Points)
Replied 06 February 2014

I think u should decrease the amount paid by update button in RPU to bring it to the extent of the TDS made so that the orignal amount paid may not be showing error. For short deduction you should insert an additional entry with the remaining amount paid as well as challan entry. Now your Corrected updated amount and Inserted entry's total should get tallied with the orignal amount paid 

1 Like

Replied 06 February 2014

Originally posted by : Mahendra Ojha
I think u should decrease the amount paid by update button in RPU to bring it to the extent of the TDS made so that the orignal amount paid may not be showing error. For short deduction you should insert an additional entry with the remaining amount paid as well as challan entry. Now your Corrected updated amount and Inserted entry's total should get tallied with the orignal amount paid 

Thanks Mahendra for showing interest in my query. I also found that way appropriate to do correction for short deduction. Will you please illustrate it with dates to be mentioned in entry including date of payment/ credit and date of correction.

Srinivas Natekar (Consutant) (39 Points)
Replied 11 June 2015

I have received short deductin notice u.s.200A of incomtax in TDS. My Query is

1) Whether I can credit the amount using 280 (using PAN No.) avoiding filing correction statement?

OR

2) Whether I have to compulsorily credit using 281 (using TAN No.) and file the correction statement?

Please clarify.

Mayank S (Principal Officer) (25 Points)
Replied 29 November 2019

Hello,

I have a similar issue wherein I didn't pay Education cess (Rs 900) in a statement filed for Form 27Q (TDS on Rent paid to an NRI as my landlord is an NRI).

I have the RPU software and have downloaded the Conso file. I have deducted TDS at 30% as per direction from IT Dept. The rent per month is Rs 25000, hence the TDS comes to Rs 7500 and Cess comes to Rs 300 per month. In my monthly challans for TDS, I have only deposited the Rs 7500 and didn't deposit the Cess at Rs 300. I have another challan now in which I have paid the pending Cess of Rs 900 along with Interests and Late payment fees.

When I correct the statement on TRACES and upload this new challan, it consumes the Interest and Late payment fees amount, but the Rs 900 of Short Deduction is still shown as Pending in the Default summary, and it is unconsumed from the Challan (the Challan balance is Rs 900).

How can I edit this Conso file in the RPU software? Note that the percentage at which TDS was deducted is correct in my case - just the Cess was missed.

Thanks,

Mayank.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register