|Originally posted by : Osama J. Q|
|Bill Gates is considered as a great man.
Many people look up to him. And a lot of people are inspired by his life.
But then again like any other human being he also has his own mistakes.
Here are the top 10 mistakes of Bill Gates.
1. The man created a software monopoly and in return he gotso many lawsuits for it.
Bill Gates is still fighting with lawsuits.
The source on wikipedia clearly stated that United States v. Microsoft was a set of consolidated civil actions filed against Microsoft Corporation on May 18, 1998 bythe United States Department ofJustice (DOJ) and 20 U.S. states.Joel I. Klein was the lead prosecutor.The trial started on May 18, 1998 with the U.S. Justice Department and the Attorneys General of twenty U.S.states suing Microsoft for illegally thwarting competition in order to protect and extendits software monopoly.
2. Bill Gates did not consider open source. His business strategies always counter open source principles and paradigm.
You may be interested in his open-source debate In a Fortune magazine he clearly says that it's easier for our software to compete with Linux when there's piracy than when there's not.
3. The Windows OS made Mr.Gates the richest man in the world. But its latest iteration is bombarded with lots of negative criticisms.
4. He allowed Windows Mobile to happen. Did he run out of innovative ideas so he settledfor a miniature Windows OS for mobile phone. He could have put up a team to design the OS from ground up.
5. He let DOS die. It was a promising OS and a very stableone.
Osama J. Q (IPCC / S.Y.Bcom Student) (322 Points)14 February 2011