1. A new tax rate of 6% IGST or 3% CGST+ 3% SGST has been introduced on certain goods vide Notification No. 02/2022 dated 31st March 2022. Changes are being made on the GST portal to include this rate in GSTR-1. As a temporary measure, taxpayers who have to report goods at this rate may do so by reporting the entries in the 5% heading and then manually increasing the system computed tax amount to 6%. This can be done by entering the value in the 'Taxable value' column next to 5..
The functionality of AATO for the FY 2021-22 has now been made live on taxpayers’ dashboards with the following features: The taxpayers can view the exact Annual Aggregate Turnover (AATO) for the previous Financial Year (FY). The taxpayers can also view the Aggregate Turnover of the current FY based on the returns filed till date. The taxpayers have also been provided with the facility of turnover updation in case taxpayers feel that the system calculated turn..
1. Homepage Portal S. No. Form/Functionality Functionality made available for Taxpayers 1 Creation Manipur of link for The State Tax Websites links provided on the footer of the home page of GST portal have been updated with the refurbished hyperlink for the State of Manipur. 2 Enhancements made in the Search Taxpayer fu..
i. User Interface (UI) with respect to the address fields in the Registration Application GST REG-01 has been enhanced as follows:- Incorporation of a map tile along with a drag and drop facility of address pinhead on to the exact location of the applicant’s address. Once selected, the details will automatically fill in the various address input fields given in the application. Address fields have been linked so as to auto- fill other macro level address entry fields ba..
1. The statement of outward supplies in FORM GSTR-1 is to be furnished by all normal taxpayers on a monthly or quarterly basis, as applicable. Quarterly GSTR-1 filers have also been provided with an optional Invoice Furnishing Facility (IFF) for reporting their outward supplies to registered persons (B2B supplies) in the first two months of the quarter. Continuous enhancements & technology improvements in GSTR-1/IFF have been made from time to time to enhance the performance & ..
The Goods and Services Tax Network ("GSTN") has enabled facility for filing Letter of Understanding ("LUT") for FY 2022-23 on GST Portal for taxpayers. LUT application is required to be completed before March 31, 2022 or before supply for Exports and SEZ. Note: The previous LUT is valid upto March 31, 2022 only. ..
The Goods and Services Tax Network ("GSTN") has enabled the feature to withdraw application for cancellation of GST registration on the GST portal. If the application for cancellation of GST registration is made by mistake and the applicant wishes to withdraw the application, then that may be withdrawn so now by following below mentioned steps: 1. Go to the Common Portal and post login navigate through Services → User Services → View My Submissions 2. Click on th..
1. As a facilitation measure for taxpayers & for assisting the taxpayers in doing a correct self-assessment, a new functionality of interest calculator is being released in GSTR-3B. This functionality will arrive at the system computed interest on the basis of the tax liability values declared by the taxpayers. The interest appliable, if any, on the tax liability declared in the GSTR-3B of a particular tax-period will be computed after the filing of the said GSTR-3B. These systems computed i..
A revamped & enhanced version of Search HSN Functionality has been launched on the GST Portal The Search HSN functionality was earlier given as a measure of facilitation to the taxpayer to search the Technical Description of any particular HSN code of any goods and/or service used in the Trade, vis-a-vis HSN description in the Customs Tariff Act, 1975. However, there are many instances of goods and services where descriptions commonly used in Trade in common parlance i.e. Trade ..
1. Returns Sr. No. Form/Functionality Functionality made available for Taxpayers 1 Changes made in Form GSTR-1/IFF To improve the taxpayer experience some enhancements have been done in the GSTR-1/IFF user interface wherein taxpayers are provided with- a re-organized dashboard easy amendment and addition of records Document counts on tiles with colour coding Increase in number of records per page Recipient wise cou..
Blocking of GSTR 1 of subsequent month if GSTR 3B of preceding month is pending - Rule 59(6) GSTN portal has implemented Rule-59(6) of the CGST Rules, 2017 with immediate effect. As per Notification No. 35/2021 - Central Tax dated 24th September 2021, clause (a) of the sub-rule (6) of Rule 59 of CGST Rules, 2017 was amended. By way of this amendment, for the words "for preceding two months", the words "for the preceding month" were substituted with effect from 1st Janua..
Implementation of Rule-59(6), as amended, on GST Portal 1. As per Notification No. 35/2021 - Central Tax dated 24th September 2021, clause (a) of the sub-rule (6) of Rule 59 of CGST Rules, 2017 was amended. By way of this amendment, for the words "for preceding two months", the words "for the preceding month" were substituted with effect from 1st January 2022. This means that from 1st January 2022 onwards, if a monthly filer has not filed the GSTR-3B for the preceding mont..
Various new functionalities are implemented on the GST Portal, from time to time, for GST stakeholders. These functionalities pertain to different modules such as Registration, Returns, Advance Ruling, Payment, Refund and other miscellaneous topics. Various webinars are also conducted as well informational videos prepared on these functionalities and posted on GSTNs dedicated YouTube channel for the benefit of the stakeholders. To check the functionalities deployed for the month of ..
The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs has allowed taxpayers to withdraw their application for cancellation of registration (filed in Form REG-16) unless the tax officer has initiated action on it. What is Form REG-16? The application for the cancellation of registration under GST has to be made in FORM REG-16. The following details must be included in the form: The list of stock that is remaining on the date of the application of registration Details of the payment Any ..
Know everything about the GSTR-1 Nil Return Filing process on the GST portal What is GST return? A GST return is a document that contains all of the information related to the expenses, sales, purchases, and income of a taxpayer which is been further used by the tax department for the calculation of the net tax liability. Every individual, company, or any legal entity needs to file a return GST that is the return on purchase, return on sales and others for which they can claim the tax cred..
1. Rule-59(6) of CGST Rules, 2017; inserted vide Notification No. 1/2021 dated 1st January 2021, provides for restriction in filing of GSTR-1 in certain cases : a registered person shall not be allowed to furnish the details of outward supplies of goods or services or both under section 37 in FORM GSTR-1, if he has not furnished the return in FORM GSTR-3B for preceding two months; a registered person, required to furnish return for every quarter under the proviso to sub-se..
1. Registration Sl No Form/ Functionality Functionality made available for Taxpayers • The taxpayers/ persons can enter their PAN in Search by PAN functionality on GST Portal and check all the registrations available/ taken in GST, linked to their PAN. 1 Facility for taxpayers/ persons to submit a complaint, in case of misuse of their PAN, for getting a regi..
GSTN Advisory on Blocking of E-Way Bill (EWB) generation facility to resume post 15th August, 2021 Recently GSTN has issued an advisory that non filing of GST Returns may lead to blocking of E-Way Bill a facility. The blocking of this facility was kept on hold due to ongoing pandemic and same is set to return from 15th August 2021. Below is the summary of such change - 1. The facility of blocking E way bill generation had been temporarily suspended due to pandemic, in terms of Rule 138 E (..
1. As you might be aware that the facility of blocking E way bill generation had been temporarily suspended due to pandemic, in terms of Rule 138 E (a) and (b) of the CGST Rules, 2017, the E Way Bill generation facility of a person is liable to be restricted, in case the person fails to file their return in Form GSTR-3B / statement in CMP-08, for a consecutive period of two months / Quarters or more. 2. The government has now decided to resume the blocking of EWB generation facility on the EW..
Legal Provision As per Rule 10A of the CGST Rules 2017, newly registered taxpayers are required to update their Bank Account Details within 45 days of the first login. Functionality to check and add Bank Details A functionality to check status of bank account details update for the taxpayers who have taken new registration at GST Portal but have not yet furnished the same, has been introduced. How to Check and Add Bank Details The taxpayers may login and update Bank Acco..