December 02, 2016
The Managing Directors / Chief Executive Officers
National Commodity Derivatives Exchanges
Sir / Madam,
Sub: Spread margin benefit
1. SEBI vide circular SEBI/HO/CDMRD/DRMP/CIR/P/2016/77 dated September 01, 2016 on “Additional risk management norms for National Commodity Derivatives Exchanges” had inter-alia prescribed that margin benefit on spread positions shall be entirely withdrawn latest by the start of the tender period or Expiry-6th day, whichever is earlier.
2. After examination of the various representations received in this regard, it has been decided that margin benefit on spread positions shall be entirely withdrawn latest by the start of tender period or the start of the expiry day, whichever is earlier.
3. The exchanges are advised to bring the provisions of this circular to the notice of their members and also to disseminate the same on their
4. This circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 11 (1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, to protect the interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to regulate the securities market.
5. This circular is available on SEBI website at www.sebi.gov.in.
Division of Risk Management and Products
Commodity Derivatives Market Regulation Department
GuestNotification No : SEBI/HO/CDMRD/DRMP/CIR/P/2016/130
on 05 December 2016
Published in Shares & Stock
Source : ,