Genera l Circular No . 50 / 2011
F.No . 1/ 1/ 2003 CL.V
Government o f India
Ministry of Corp orate Affairs
5th Floor, A Wing , Shastri Bhavan,
Dr. R.P. Road , New Delhi
All Regional Directors,
All Registrar of Companies,
All Stake holders.
Sub: Simplified procedure for obtaining confirmation of shifting of registered office from one state to another state under section 17 of the Companies Act, 1956.
In order to simplify the procedures and cut timelines, the Ministry has decided to notify section 8 of the Companies (Second Amendment) Act, 2002 (1) of 2003 thereby the work relating to confirmation of shifting of registered office from o ne state to another state and consequent alteration to Memorandum o f Association of the company under section 17 of the Companies Ac t, 1956 shall be shifted from the jurisdiction of Comp any Law Boa rd to the Central Government.
2. It ha s further been decided to delegate this work to the respective Registrar o f Companies under whose jurisdiction the registered office of the company is situated . The petitions filed with the Company La w Boa rd and pending as on the effective date of notification shall be transferred to respective Registrar of Companies.
3. The revised e-forms and business re-engineering process under MCA-21 system is being developed and the simplified procedures to be followed b y the companies and Registrar of Companies shall be given in the modified e-forms and instruction kit thereto shortly.
4. It is expected that on discharging o f these functions by the respective Registrar of Companies on implementation of simplified procedures, the cost and the time to g et such confirmation and alteration to Memorandum of Association under section 17 of the Companies Ac t, 1956 shall be reduced .
5. The above simplified process is likely to b e implemented with effect from 24th September, 2011.
(Kamna Sharma )
Assistant Dire c tor
Cop y to:
1. All c concerned
2. PS to CAM and PS to MOS
3. PPS to Secretary, Additional Secretary, Joint Secretaries