Securities and Exchange Board of India
January 15, 2021
All Listed entities
All Recognized Stock Exchanges
Sub: Relaxation from compliance with certain provisions of the SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015 due to the CoVID -19 pandemic
1. SEBI vide Circular no. SEBI/HO/CFD/CMD1/CIR/P/2020/79 dated May 12, 2020 had inter-alia relaxed certain provisions of the SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure Requirements) Regulations, 2015 (“LODR”) related to general meetings, pursuant to relaxations by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA).
2. Subsequently, MCA vide Circular dated December 31, 2020 has further extended relaxations to companies to conduct their Extraordinary General Meeting (EGM) through Video Conferencing (VC) or through other audio-visual means (OAVM) (hereinafter referred to in this circular as ‘electronic mode’) upto June 30, 2021. Further, vide Circular dated January 13, 2021, MCA has also extended these relaxations to Annual General Meeting (AGMs) of companies due in the year 2021 (i.e. till December 31, 2021).
3. Accordingly, the relaxations in Paras 3 to 6 of the aforementioned SEBI Circular dated May 12, 2020 in respect of sending physical copies of annual report to shareholders and requirement of proxy for general meetings held through electronic mode, are extended for listed entities, till December 31, 2021.
4. This Circular shall come into force with immediate effect. The Stock Exchanges are advised to bring the provisions of this circular to the notice of all listed entities and also disseminate on their websites.
5. The Circular is issued in exercise of the powers conferred under Section 11(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992 read with Regulation 101 of the LODR.
Compliance and Monitoring Division
Corporation Finance Department
Tel No. 022-26449315
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org