Pendency in PAN transfer request
LETTER [F.NO. DIT(S)-I/AIS/NODAL/12-13], DATED 8-10-2012
Kind reference is invited to AIS instruction No. 81(copy enclosed-Annexure-I) vide which facility of auto route of PAN transfer in individual cases was withdrawn by the Directorate and new procedure of PAN transfer was defined.
2. As per new procedure for Individual PAN transfer requests, transferor/source officers (AO/Range/CIT) have to take a decision on system either to allow and confirm the request, originating from transfree/destination Assessing Officers or to reject the request.
3. On query from database, it is being observed that large number of regular PAN transfer requests are lying unattended on the part of AO/Range/CIT for allowing/confirming or rejecting. RCC wise pendency of regular PAN transfer requests is shown in Annexure.
4. It may kindly be appreciated that pendency on account of PAN transfer requests creates blocking of the PAN and further hampers processing of e-filed return. Considering the urgency of the matter, I am directed to kindly request that the field formations may kindly be directed to allow/confirm or deny, the pending PAN transfer requests, as the case may be on priority basis
STOPPING AUTO ROUTE OF INDIVIDUAL PAN TRANSFER
AIS INSTRUCTION NO. 81 [F.NO. SW/3/25/98/01-DIT(S)], dated 3-5-2012
Action : CIT/Range/AO/RCC.
Kind attention is invited to AIS instruction Nos. 49 and 53 wherein to facilitate field offices. Auto route of Individual PAN transfer was provided for. Under Auto PAN transfer route, the system presumes a "no objection" from transferor officer and the PAN transfer request gets automatically executed after 10 days, transferring the PAN to destination officer.
2. The Auto route facility of Individual PAN transfers, though provided with good intention to help field offices, has been noticed to have been misused, resulting into refund frauds.
3. It has therefore been decided to withdraw the facility of Auto PAN transfer. Henceforth for Individual PAN transfer requests, transferor officers have to take a decision on system either to allow and confirm the request, originating from destination Officers or to reject the request.
4. The withdrawal of Auto PAN transfer facility in Individual cases is with concurrence of Member (L&C).
5. In order to have control over pending request for Individual PAN transfers, MIS reports has been provided for status of PAN transfer available for viewing/printing to AO/Range incharge/Concerned CIT and AIS Admin at RCC, which can be accessed through the link AIS->Queries->PAN Transfer MIS and AIS->Reports->PAN Transfer MIS Reports
6. In case of any clarification or assistance on the subject matter, RCCs may please contact Sh. Ravi Dutt Sharma, Assistant Director (Systems) on Tel No. 0120-2770404 at Directorate of Income Tax (Systems).