F. No. 3(2)(1)/2016/R&P Rules/Amendment/ 649
Ministry of Finance
Department of Expenditure
O/o Controller General of Accounts
Mahalekha Niyantrak Bhawan,
GPO Complex, E-Block, INA
Subject: Payment to Suppliers etc. by Government Departments through e-Payment
A reference is invited to this office O.M. No. 1(1)/2011/TA/366 dated 1st August 2016 regarding payment to Suppliers etc. above Rs. 10,000/- by Government Departments through e-Payment.
2. In order to attain the goal of complete digitization of Government payments, the existing limit of Rs. 10,000/- prescribed in paragraph 2 of this office O.M. dated 1st August 2016 has been further reviewed. It has now been decided to lower the threshold limit to Rs. 5,000/-(Rupees five thousand only).
3. All Ministries/ Departments of the Government of India shall ensure with immediate effect that all payments above Rs. 5,000/- (Rupees five thousand only) to suppliers, contractors, grantee/loanee institutions etc. are made by issue of payment advices only.
This issues with the approval of the Finance Minister.
(Soma Roy Burman)
Joint Controller General of Accounts
1. Secretaries of all Ministries/Departments of the Government of India
2. Dy. C86AG, 0/o C&AG
3. Secretary, Defence Finance
4. Financial Commissioner, Railways
5. Member Finance, Department of Telecommunications
6. Controller General of Defence Accounts
7. Financial Advisers of all Ministries/ Departments
8. All Pr. CCAs/ CCAs/CAs of the Civil Ministries/ Departments