List of Terrorist Individuals/ Organisations under UNSCR 1267(1999) and 1822(2008) on Taliban/Al-Qaida Organisation
DBOD. AML.No. 17086 /14.06.065/2009-10
April 6, 2010
The Chairmen / CEOs of all Scheduled Commercial Banks (Excluding RRBs)/
Local Area Banks / All India Financial Institutions
List of Terrorist Individuals/ Organisations under UNSCR 1267(1999) and
1822(2008) on Taliban/Al-Qaida Organisation
Please refer to our circular letter DBOD.AML.No.16740/14.06.064/2009-10 dated March 31, 2010. We have since received from Government of India (Ministry of External Affairs) copy of note dated March 29, 2010 (copy enclosed) from the Chairman of UN Security Council's 1267 Committee regarding changes made in the Consolidated List of Individuals and entities linked to Al-Qaida and Taliban.
2. Banks/All India Financial Institutions are required to update the consolidated list of individuals/entities as circulated by Reserve Bank and before opening any new account, it should be ensured that the name/s of the proposed customer does not appear in the list. Further, banks should scan all existing accounts to ensure that no account is held by or linked to any of the entities or individuals included in the list.
3. Banks are advised to strictly follow the procedure laid down in the UAPA Order dated August 27, 2009 enclosed to our circular DBOD.AML.BC. No. 44/14.01.001/2009-10 dated September 17, 2009 and ensure meticulous compliance to the Order issued by the Government.
4. As far as freezing of funds, financial assets or economic resources or related services held in the form of bank accounts of the designated individuals/entities are concerned, action should be taken as detailed in paragraph 6 of the circular dated September 17, 2009, mentioned above.
5. The complete details of the said consolidated list are available on the UN website:
6. Compliance Officer/Principal Officer should acknowledge receipt of this circular letter.
Deputy General Manager
Encl: As above