Wide ranging issues discussed at pre-budget meeting
Union Finance Minister, Shri Pranab Mukherjee, held a Pre-Budget Meeting with States and
- General macro-economic issues
- FRBM and Devolution issues
- Allocation of funds for various schemes and programmes of Government of India
- Implementation related problems
- Sectoral issues relating to Agriculture, Irrigation, Credit, MSME, Road infrastructure, etc.
- Tax related matters.
In his concluding remarks, the Finance Minister informed that he would consider the valuable suggestions and ideas generated during the deliberations while formulating the Budget proposals for 2009-10.
The conference was attended by Chief Ministers of