The President, in terms of the authority given to him by the Council at its 314th meeting held from 10th to 12th February, 2012, has constituted a Study Group comprising of the following members, to streamline and render more services by practising Chartered Accountants engaged as lecturers in colleges and institutions at Graduate and Post Graduate levels all over the country:-
- CA. S.B. Zaware (Convenor)
- CA. Ashok Dhirajlal Mehta, Member
- CA. Kishor Shankar Karandikar, Member
- CA. Umesh Moreshwar Kulkarni, Member
- CA. Kisan Dhondiba Gargote, Member
- CA. (Dr.) Jayant Apte, Member
Shri Vijay Kapur, Director, Board of Studies would act as Secretary to the aforesaid Group. CA. Namrata Khandelwal, Secretary, Professional Development Committee will assist the Secretary to the said Study Group.
The terms of the reference of the said Study Group are as under:-
- To identify the members who are engaged as Full-time / Part-time teaching faculty in Colleges / Institutions.
- To find out ways and means to streamline and render more services by practicing Chartered Accountants engaged as lecturers in colleges and institutions for practical subjects like Accounting, Auditing, Taxation etc. as Expert Faculties, which is expected to reduce the gap between theory and practice and make commerce education more meaningful, practical and effective.
- To study the Rules and Regulations of University Grants Commission (UGC) and all India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) as regards the appointment of CAs as teaching faculty.
- To submit Report with findings and recommendations to the President, ICAI.