Memorandum of Understanding between ICSI and United Stock Exchange of India Ltd. (USE)
The Institute entered into an MOU with United Stock Exchange of India Ltd. on March 07, 2011
United Stock Exchange of India Limited (USE) is India’s newest stock exchange and has been promoted by 21 Indian public sector banks, private banks and corporate houses.
The areas of collaboration under MOU include:
1) Holding and organizing seminars on financial markets and corporate governance to empower the users.
2) Creating infrastructure of knowledge based technical studies on financial markets.
3) Creating awareness about the complex financial instruments and using derivatives for effective hedging keeping accounting standards in perspective.
4) Conduct various kinds of certification programmes and literature on financial markets and corporate governance.
5) Hosting events such as simulation exercises (mock trading on exchanges), seminars, and training in financial markets to empower ICSI members and general investing public in rightfully analyzing the financial markets.
6) Conducting research and other related activities in financial markets and impact of corporate laws and Secretarial standards on financial markets.
7) Imparting and conducting special training and education programmes in financial markets.
8) Organizing short term courses on various asset classes, currency, interest rates, commodity, debt, mutual funds, and derivatives.
9) Organizing panel discussions, webcasting and presentation of experts on various aspects of financial markets and using electronic media for imparting knowledge.
10) Collaborating for joint certification of ICSI professionals on topics of professional interest.
11) Membership of United Stock Exchange of India is available free of cost to all ICSI Members for the first three months from the signing of this MOU.
A copy of the MOU is enclosed as a ready reference.