Government of India
Ministry of Finance
Department of Revenue
Central Board of Direct Taxes
Order under Section 119 of the Income Tax Act, 1961
The last date for furnishing the statement of financial transactions under Rule 114E(5) of the Income Tax Rules. 1962, (the Rules) read with sub-section (1) of section 285BA of the Income Tax Act, 1961, (the Act) Is 31st May, immediately following the Financial Year In which the transaction Is registered or recorded, i.e for Assessment Year 2017.18 the last date for furnishing the said statement is 31st May 2017.
2. In order to remove inconvenience and to facilitate ease of compliance, the Central Board of Direct Taxes, In exercise of powers conferred under section 119 of the Act, hereby extends the date of furnishing of the statement of financial transactions under Rule 114E(5) of the Rules, read with sub-section (1) of section 285BA of the Act for Assessment Year 2017-18 from 31st May 2017 to 30th June 2017 In case of persons throughout India who are liable to furnish the said statement.
Deputy Secretary to the Government of India
Copy to :
1. PS to F.M./OSD to FM/P5 to MoS(F)
2. PS to Revenue Secretary
3. Chairperson (CBDT), All Members, CBDT
4. All Pr.CCsIT/CCsIT/Pr.DsGIT/DsGIT
5. All Joint Secretaries/CsIT, CBDT
6. Directors/Deputy Secretaries/Under Secretaries of Central Board of Direct Taxes
7. ADG(Systems)-4 with request to place the order on official website.
8. Addl. CIT, Data Base Cell for placing it on its officers website.
9. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, New Delhi
10. All Chambers of Commerce
11. CIT(M&TP), CBDT
12. ADG (PR, PP&OL) for placing on twitter handle of the department