Sesame Workshop India is a nonprofit organization with a vision to make high quality educational inputs accessible to children, in order to help them realize their highest potential. Their core area of business includes:
• Content Development: They develop content for children age 0 – 12 across television, radio, print and digital platforms that is grounded in research
• Content Distribution: They form alliances and partnerships to disseminate content widely to populations to impact their educational, health and social outcomes across diverse settings
• Public Education and Advocacy: They provide a platform that consistently brings voices, concerns, learning and knowledge to raise awareness about issues that impact children in order to inform progressive policy making
Sesame Workshop India currently spearheads Galli Galli Sim Sim, a multi platform educational initiative for children between ages 2-6. The initiative combines television and educational outreach to positively impact early childhood development across five key areas: cognitive learning, social, emotional and physical development and cultural diversity.
As they enter our 4th year of operations, Sesame Workshop India is actively looking for a Financial Controller to steer the organization into it’s next growth phase and lay down a path for their sustainability.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Specifically the Financial Controller will be responsible for:
• Financial Planning of the organization
• Controlling and managing the organization budget
• Development and execution of a sustainability plan
• Effective utilization of funds and grants
• Relationship management with Banks and other bodies
• Adherence to various compliances and regulations
• Setting controls, systems and processes
Qualifications and Skills Specification:
The Financial Controller would be self-starter with:
1. MBA Finance or CA in Financial Planning and Analysis with a minimum of 6 years and maximum of 8 years of experience.
2. Prior experience working with MNCs or international nonprofit organizations is desirable.
3. Understanding of tax and other regulatory procedures, change in laws affecting a nonprofit organization preferred.
4. Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential.
5. Solid understandings of organization budget, funding structures and managing donor funds preferred.
6. Exceptional inter-personal skills that translate into an ability to straddle multiple worlds and work successfully with extremely diverse constituencies.
7. High multi-tasking abilities to simultaneously manage multiple tasks, functions, projects, grants and constituencies.
8. Strong team working skills including the abilities to delegate and work cooperatively with people at various levels of responsibilities, and supervise, mentor and direct staff.
9. Ability and flexibility to work across time zones.
10. High professional and personal integrity.
Third Sector Partners, a leading CxO and board search firm in the Not for Profit sector has been retained by Sesame Workshop India. Last date for application is 20 December 2009. Interested candidates can send in their CVs with a cover note and three references to email@example.com or Contact us at: +91 22 6660 3558/6660 3559. Only short listed candidates will be contacted
As per industry standard