The Senior Accountant will assist the Controller in compiling, reconciling, and reporting financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
1. A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
2. Two or more years of financial accounting, accounting systems, financial controls experience in a growing company with both domestic and international operations is required.
3. Functional experience in accounting/financial reporting at the multi-plant or corporate level, or its functional equivalent, in a manufacturing environment is required.
4. Understanding of Cost Accounting is highly preferred.
5. Experience with Manufacturing Accounting Software is highly desirable.
6. Maturity, business judgment, intelligence and creativity with strong written and oral communication skills.
7. Growth orientation; high motivation; ability to work effectively with peers, superiors and subordinates; high energy level; high moral character; and entrepreneurial spirit.
8. Ability to offer independent opinions and evaluations; and to challenge the ideas of superiors and peers while maintaining their respect and confidence.
9. Knowledge gained through previous experience financial and operational accounting data processing systems, and financial and managerial accounting practices.
10. Potential to assume positions of increased responsibility.
11. Advanced knowledge with computer software to include, but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word.
12. Must demonstrate an ability to coordinate, direct and maintain highly confidential work and materials.
13. Must have experience in managing importation duties.
14. Ability to not only deal with change but also be a change agent. Team player with the ability to quickly adapt in a fast-paced business environment and to meet aggressive timelines.
15. Relate to the public and employees in a customer service minded manner.
16. Must have freedom and willingness to work extended hours and on-call to support production and customer.
17. Must be able to communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job.
Responsibilities and accountabilities :
• Assist in the monthly closing of the general ledger.
• Process and facilitate withholding tax (TDS, TCS, GST)
• Assist in the preparation of monthly financial statements by providing cost analysis of shipped items.
• Ability to prepare monthly journal entries as directed.
• Perform monthly account reconciliations and aging in a timely manner.
• Prepare and issue invoices for customers.
• Manage creation of vendor and customer master files in Accounting System.
• Review and assist in accounts receivable collections monthly.
• Review and approve vendor invoices and freight charges and resolve pricing issues.
• Assist with annual financial and tax audits and assist with miscellaneous external audits as required.
• Provide support for pricing capital equipment.
• Assist in the preparation of reports required for governmental filings.
• Ensure that accounting entries are in accordance with Company policy and IFRS/International GAAP.
• All other duties assigned.