The Accounts Payable Assistant responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to:
Work closely with field supervisors to ensure timely filing of attendance, expenses and collection of documents
Maintain all sheets and data systems
Conduct scrutiny of payment information by cross-checking attendance with data submission, and flagging systematic issues with bike logs
Reconcile bank accounts, follow up with field supervisors and surveyors in case of discrepancies
Manage photo audit process with data entry operators for bike logs
Compile payment sheet and share with management. Ensure proper deductions and availability of documents
Scrutinize payment sheets for errors in bank account details, and follow up with field team accordingly.
Track bounced payments or failed transactions due to incorrect details, and follow up with field team to obtain correct details.
Submit payroll information to third party service provider to process reporting and other statutory compliance requirements
Initiate payments on the bank portal
Other activities as required
IDinsight is an international development consulting organization that helps policymakers and managers make socially impactful decisions using rigorous evidence.IDinsight works across Africa and Asia and is rapidly expanding. Our clients include state governments in India, national Ministries across Africa, the World Bank, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, international NGOs, and innovative social businesses. We work across a range of sectors, including governance, health, education, energy, agriculture, and sanitation.
Objectives of assignment
The Accounts Payable Assistant will work closely with project teams to ensure smooth and timely payments to field and temporary staff during data collection activities. This position will primarily support Indian accounting functions, and may support accounting functions in IDinsight’s foreign offices.
This position will mainly report to and work with the Director of Finance and Compliance at IDinsight.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a quant-heavy field such as Science, Engineering, Accounting, Commerce, or other relevant area.
- 2 or more years of experience in bookkeeping, accounting, payments, or administration. Work experience with other consulting / research organizations/NGOs desirable.
- Adequate knowledge of Math/ statistics such as sums, fractions to use it in day to day work.
- Proficient with computer, MS Excel and MS Word.
- Possess good communication abilities; is organized and efficient. Should be able to communicate needs and updates within and outside the team.
- Experience working with teams and possess strong people skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines in high-paced work environment
- Willingness to take on all kinds of tasks and areas of responsibility; take on tasks at short notice
- Comfort in English (understanding, writing, and speaking) : Moderate level
- Possesses honesty, integrity, strong work ethic, and team skills
Nuts and Bolts
Location is New Delhi, India. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience and track record. Start dates are flexible but with a preference for sooner.
Please click here to apply for this role:
As per industry standard