Audit, Accounting, Income Tax, Internal Audit, Reporting, MIS, Finalization
Senior Associate – F&A
Alpha Alternatives is a multi-asset class alternatives asset management platform based out of India and Singapore, with over 3000cr of assets under management, and deep focus on alpha generation. We operate across various alternative spaces like Commodities, Equities, Absolute Returns, Structured Credit and Quant. Our products span across various investment structures such as AIF, PMS, NBFC and FPI. Our 120 plus people team comes with strong academic credentials at top universities and vast experience across domestic and global financial institutions.
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, driven and high achieving candidate looking to enter the financial services space to join our Finance & Accounts team. The candidate will ideally be a qualified CA with 2-4 years of work experience in Accounts/Audit team of a leading organizations/Big 4s/reputed CA firms. The candidate is expected to have thorough understanding of derivative instruments - futures, options, etc. The candidate shall be an integral part of all the Finance & Accounts functions and shall report to the CFO of the group.
Key responsibilities for the role are as follows:
• Handle complex accounting of derivative products across different entities and products.
• Lead finalisation of 20+ entities that invest in various asset classes for monthly/quarterly/annual closures
• Independently handle statutory and tax auditors for completion of quarterly and annual closings
• Set/improve systems, processes for requirements under PMS/AIF/NBFC guidelines
• Review tax accounting and actively contribute to the taxation plan of the organisation
• Engage with cross-functional Departmental heads to design and implement processes
• Represent/lead the team in departmental audits, litigation and assessment proceedings. Handle queries from Tax departments and assisting tax consultants in case of Scrutiny / Search cases
Only candidates who have the hunger and conviction to become the Head of Accounts & Audit in 2-3 years’ timeframe should apply.
Office location will be in Dadar, Mumbai. Candidates applying from cities other than Mumbai, shall have a clear conviction about moving to Mumbai before applying
Interested candidates may email their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
As per industry standard