Wrong TDS deduction

My employer has wrongly deducted TDS and paid to the IT department because of a software issue. I understand I can reclaim the amount when I file ITR next july, but I lose the interest in the extra TDS deducted till then.

Is deducting more TDS than required is illegal ? 

Can I hold my employer accountable for this ?

Replies (1)
You discuss with your employer rather than confronting.

As you said it's a software error and not intentional one.

In so far as interest loss is concerned for extra deduction , you can at best ask to compensate and agree mutually.

Is this a high amount issue ? I don't think so.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 21 September 2026
Consultant - Reporting

Finrep Advisors LLP

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
SENIOR AUDITOR & ACCOUNTS MANAGER

Anupam Parashar & Co.

Ghaziabad

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details