Wrong GST number in filing GSTR1

I have filed gstr1 within due date...
I want to revise it but can't revise through GSTR 1A bcoz it doesn't allow to revise GSTR no. Through GSTR1A.

Problem is wrong GST no. Is leading me to pay IGST but I want to pay CGST & SGST only...

What should I do?

While paying 3B liability
Which tax shall I pay?
Igst which is wrongly reported due to wrong feeding of gat no.
Or
Cgst/sgst which I am actually liable to pay..???



Prompt response will be appreciated.
Replies (1)

As per Section 19 of IGST Act, 2017,  A registered person who has paid integrated tax on a supply considered by him to be an inter-State supply, but which is subsequently held to be an intra-State supply, shall be granted refund of the amount of integrated tax so paid in such manner and subject to such conditions as may be prescribed.

So, to be on a safer side you can pay both IGST as well as CGST-SGST and then claim a refund of the IGST amount paid, thus ensuring no interest liability.

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 30 September 2026
CA Article Assistant

CA Suraj Garg & Associates

New Delhi

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details