Why pay rs500 per paper for certified copy? file rti n save

Sushant Lohani (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (1051 Points)

19 July 2013  

Dear Students of CA CPT/IPCC/Final n others; 

One can ask for the certified copies of the exams given under RTI Act. The fees for RTI application is Rs10/- and Rs 2 per page as Xerox charges. Our ICAI is charging Rs500 per paper. You can get the certified copies of all your papers at a price lower than Rs500.

Jaago graahak jaago!!!!

Also, ICAI has stipulated that the certified copies will be sent by 75 days (plz correct me). What's the use? You can't evaluate your paper,your mistakes; nor you can apply for reverification(which also is a sham;as retotalling is done).

As per RTI Act, the Public Info. Officer (mandatory for each govt org) has to give the information sought for , within 30 days of receipt of application.

Use the privileges which our Legal System has bestowed upon us.

https://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2013-05-15/ahmedabad/39280438_1_answer-sheet-rti-act-rti-helpline

https://www.deccanherald.com/content/297969/exam-answer-sheets-rti-act.html

https://www.rtifoundationofindia.com/using-rti-getting-copy-evaluated-answer-sheets-ssc-3583

https://www.rtifoundationofindia.com/using-rti-getting-copy-evaluated-answer-sheets-ssc-3583#.Uei4vNJHLwA

**********************************************************************************************************     

<Student's name/Applicant's name>

<Address,including pincode>

Date: XX/July/2013

To ,

The Public Information Officer (PIO),

Institute of Chartered Accountants of India(ICAI)

ICAI Bhawan, P. B. No. 7100, 

Indraprastha New Delhi - 110 002                            

Sub: APPLICATION FOR OBTAINING INFORMATION under RTI Act 2005

Respected Sir/Madam,

I, Ramprasad Sharma,s/o of Shri Laxmanprasad Sharma, r/o 123 Samar Apartments,Lalgunj,Lucknow,UP- Pincode, had appeared in the CA final examinations in May2013  held by ICAI. My Registration Number is _NRO XXXXXXX_________ ;my Roll No for the abovesaid exams was _XXXXXXXX_

A) Kindly provide me with the certified copies pertaining to the  following subjects of the abovesaid examination, under the purview of RTI ACT 2005.

1. ___________ 2___________ 3______________  (and so on)

B) Kindly provide me with the “Guide/Instruction sheet/manual  given to Evaluators to aid/facilitate markings of questions or otherwise” by ICAI of the following subjects of the abovesaid examination, under the purview of RTI ACT 2005.

1 ____________ 2___________ 3___________    (and so on)

I have attached the Indian Postal Order of Rs 200 (IPO No: XXXXXXXX Amt: 250/- Issued at: ________ Date: XX/07/2013), with Rs 10 towards RTI application fees and Rs 190 towards the Xerox/photocopying charges Right to Information (Regulation of Fee and Cost) Rules, 2005 ie

(a) rupees two (Rs. 2/-) for each page ( in A-4 or A-3 size paper) created or copied;

(b) actual charge or cost price of a copy in larger size paper;

(c) actual cost or price for samples or models;

(d) for information provided in diskette or floppy, rupees fifty (Rs. 50/-) per diskette or floppy; and

(e) for information provided in printed form, at the price fixed for such  publication or rupees two per page of photocopy for extracts from the  publication.

Photocopy of ADMIT CARD and “PRINtOUT of  marksheet “are attached for your ready reference. Please permit me and my above son/daughter/ward to inspect his/her answer sheet/s as well as other relevant records and also provide me certified photocopies of his/her answer sheet/s pertaining to following subjects: A]________________ B] ________________ C] _______________

1. Name of the applicant: __<student’s name>________________
2. Roll Number in the examination: ______________
3. Full Address of applicant: ___<student’s address>_____

4. Mobile No.__________________________________

Please find the application fee (IPO of Rs 10/- No: _______Date: JULY XX,2013 ) for the request attached with this application. If you feel that the above requested information does not pertain to your department, please follow the provisions of Section 6(3) of the RTI Act 2005.

Also as per the provisions of RTI Act 2005,please provide the details (Name and Designation) of the first appellate authority w.r to your department with the reply to the above request,where I may file my first appeal. I certify I am an INDIAN CITIZEN.

Kindly,provide me with the information at the address id mentioned with the application VIA SPEED POST/REGISTERED POST . I request you to ensure that the information is provided before the expiry of 30 day period after you have received the application .

Note:

I am emphatically drawing your kind attention to: A] 49 page judgement of 2 judge bench of Hon’ble High Court of Calcutta in M.A.T. No. 275 of 2008 in University of Calcutta & ors. Vs. Pritam Rooj which is available at https://www.judis.nic.in/Kolkata/Judge_Result_Disp.asp. B] judgement dated 30-08-2010 of Hon’ble Kerala High Court in WP(C).No. 6532 of 2006(C) C] Madras High Court judgement dated 13-09-2010 in R. Ramasamy v/s Dr. Ambedkar Law University in W.P.(MD)NO.4815 of 2008 D] Judgment dated 09-08-2011 of Hon’ble Supreme Court in CIVIL APPEAL NO.6454 OF 2011 and other 7 writs. E] CIC decision No. CIC/SM/A/2011/000368/SG/13751Penalty dated 05-10-2011.

Please do not destroy the requested record till finality of RTI process upto Information Commission and thereafter by way of writs, even if time stipulated under Public Records Act or record retention policy is over. I am emphatically drawing your kind attention to: A] 49 page judgement of 2 judge bench of Hon’ble High Court of Calcutta in M.A.T. No. 275 of 2008 in University of Calcutta & ors. Vs. Pritam Rooj which is available at https://www.judis.nic.in/Kolkata/Judge_Result_Disp.asp. B] judgement dated 30-08-2010 of Hon’ble Kerala High Court in WP(C).No. 6532 of 2006(C) C] Madras High Court judgement dated 13-09-2010 in R. Ramasamy v/s Dr. Ambedkar Law University in W.P.(MD)NO.4815 of 2008 D] Judgment dated 09-08-2011 of Hon’ble Supreme Court in CIVIL APPEAL NO.6454 OF 2011 and other 7 writs. E] CIC decision No. CIC/SM/A/2011/000368/SG/13751Penalty dated 05-10-2011.

Signature of Applicant

Ramprasad Sharma

Lucknow