Easy Office
LCI Learning

Why CS has 1.5 yrs articleship; and CA 3.5

Page no : 2

Prodyut Banerjee (Advocate) (309 Points)
Replied 31 March 2009

To Koolleo

Expression of thought is a fundamental right which is guaranteed under the Constitution of India but at the same it is subject to certain conditions which inter alia contain that a statement should not be derogatory to any person or community otherwise this right is not available. May be you can read the thinking of people that you have betted 75 % majority (No comments on this!!!!!!!!!) in favour of your statement and statement of Purnima. However I have taken opinion from some veteran persons (belonging to both the professions) and they have suggested me not to take this statement into account as the same might be the result of immaturity. Once you complete CA and gain some more experience you will come to know that such type of statement is not only unethical but the same is adverse for the profession of Chartered Accountants as well(I believe my CA friends will agree with me). Any way since the discussion is about the training period and not regarding Course Coverage (that came in to picture by the way and can be a good topic for debate and discussion under different subject heading), I am not going to place any comparative analysis of both the courses to prove that the CS Curriculam coverage is at par, if not above par, with CA Curriculam.

However, I believe that 3.5 years articleship is too much and it should be reduced to 1.5 years to 2 years.

koolleo87 (1268 Points)
Replied 31 March 2009

Well, Even if a subject of immaturity or otherwise, the fact remains that although both are professions and in different fields, perhaps CA is more vast over the other. This does not in any way degrade CS or any other profession.

Replied 31 March 2009

Thats the real good attitude. You cant compare apple with orrange. However which course ( no only CA and CS but CWA, CFA, Law and other similar courses can be included) is vast and which is niche can be a good topic of friendly debate in other forum.

Replied 31 March 2009

Thats the real good attitude. You cant compare apple with orrange. However which course ( no only CA and CS but CWA, CFA, Law and other similar courses can be included) is vast and which is niche can be a good topic of friendly debate in other forum.

Sumit Middha (Head (Fin.& A/c) M.COM M.A.(Eco) MBA CS Final)   (2453 Points)
Replied 04 April 2009

To Koolleo

Expression of thought is a fundamental right which is guaranteed under the Constitution of India but at the same it is subject to certain conditions which inter alia contain that a statement should not be derogatory to any person or community otherwise this right is not available. May be you can read the thinking of people that you have betted 75 % majority (No comments on this!!!!!!!!!) in favour of your statement and statement of Purnima. However I have taken opinion from some veteran persons (belonging to both the professions) and they have suggested me not to take this statement into account as the same might be the result of immaturity. Once you complete CA and gain some more experience you will come to know that such type of statement is not only unethical but the same is adverse for the profession of Chartered Accountants as well(I believe my CA friends will agree with me). Any way since the discussion is about the training period and not regarding Course Coverage (that came in to picture by the way and can be a good topic for debate and discussion under different subject heading), I am not going to place any comparative analysis of both the courses to prove that the CS Curriculam coverage is at par, if not above par, with CA Curriculam.

However, I believe that 3.5 years articleship is too much and it should be reduced to 1.5 years to 2 years.

Sumit Middha (Head (Fin.& A/c) M.COM M.A.(Eco) MBA CS Final)   (2453 Points)
Replied 04 April 2009

Thats the real good attitude. You cant compare apple with orrange. However which course ( no only CA and CS but CWA, CFA, Law and other similar courses can be included) is vast and which is niche can be a good topic of friendly debate in other forum....

CA Mohd Gouse (Chartered Accountant) (497 Points)
Replied 09 April 2009

Jaane do yaaaro........where this People get time to Debate....this Board is Suppose to be a Informative based..............isn't it ????

tanuja........... (pcc student) (571 Points)
Replied 09 April 2009

some people r taking dummy because no one likes to do same work 3.5yrs...  in small firms they r going to give same work.. if lots of patience also there.. no one can do 3.5 yrs.. after 2 or 2.5 yrs. they r getting irritating with that work.. and they r going 4 termination...

if institute reduces the period of articles to 2 or 2.5yrs.. then no one goes to dummy... rather than that stupid notification..

MUNISH SHARMA (STUDENT CA-FINAL) (346 Points)
Replied 09 April 2009

HI FRNZ & RESPECTED PROFESSIONALS !

HEY PL;Z DONT MAKE COMMENTS ON THE ANY PROFESSION.THE TOPIC HERE IS ABOUT ARTICLESHIP PERIOD IN CA COURSE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH MS.BHUMIKS AND MR.PRODYUT , BOTH COURSES R EQUALLY GOOD .WHAT CA'S CAN DO ,CS 'S CANT DO & OFCOURSE VICE VERSA............

OK COMING TO THE TOPIC.........I THINK THE MAIN REASON THAT STUDENTS R GOING FOR DUMMY IS PERIOD SO LONG...................3.5 YRS    HUH............................

I THINK IT SHUD BE NOT MORE THAN  2 TO 2.5 YEARS.THI S NOT ONLY WILL BE RELIEF FOR STUDENTS........BUT WILL ALSO CREATE A ZEAL IN THEM TO DO TRAINING WITH FULL DEDICATION............

REGARDS,

MUNISH

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry) (5464 Points)
Replied 09 April 2009

nobody opts for dummy in cs articleship

reasons...? because they want to earn the respective knowledge of the profession which is goin to let them earn bread for them and their family

also in CS their is a option to do training after completion of studies i.e after clearing finals so in this case the concentration on training will also b more.

and if u are working already in a industry , in which all those aspects are covered which are teh objective of CS training then you will be exempted from the training as well                      

Now in the Field of CA Education , the 12th passed students ( herein  I wud like to reffer them as infants in the field of CA ) are forced to join articleship if they want to b a CA.                           

they have no basic knowledge of wat they are supposed to do and find their work very monotonous + dificult as they dnt knw how to deal with it . And during this period they are also subject to the irritation of their principals for letting his image down in front of their clients.

THIS IS THE MAIN REASON OF OPTING FOR DUMMY

i must say as i see around that more than 60 % of the ca articles are on dummy

and also the institute by their most harsh decisions and regulations force the students to go for dummy                            

now as u all knw there is restriction on transfer now all the present dummys who wanted to do training after passing their exams will not do so . and carry on their dummy .

and almost all the ca pursuing children of Practising CA's are enjoyingdummy as  their father's VIRASAT.( Those who are not, u are Exceptionand hats off for u )

i must say or advise to the ICAI that instead of making these harsh regulations there must b a rule that all those students who are new to the course and want to join articleship

they must submit an application to the institute and express their area where they want to pursue training

and then the ICAI should allot them the articleship as per the student's choice

i knw it is impossible but impossible itself says I m possible

regards

Sumit Jain (CA) (4760 Points)
Replied 09 April 2009

sabhi professionals ki jain ho

Replied 09 April 2009

I completely agree with Ravi. ICAI should change its training structure to cope up with the changed scenerio. They should follow the same line as adopted by ICSI ( i.e reduce training period to 15- 18 months.Give students an option to undergo complete training in industrial house or Audit Firm or a combination. make training compulsory for getting membership and thereby provide the students a flexibility to undergo training after inter/ final. Training before inter practically serves no purpose). Only in this way the ICAI will be able to reduce dummy training. ICSI has got good results with this type of training structure and there are very few people who undergo CS training as dummy.

CA-CWA RAVI (CA-CWA in industry) (5464 Points)
Replied 11 April 2009

rightly said

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: