Which itr and what documents required

my client wife is basically a housewife but he wants his income tax file and so want to file return. I want to show his income from tuition as he is qualified mcom? which itr should I select and what documents I will take from him for filing itr?
Replies (6)
Quick Summary
This discussion explores the best Income Tax Return (ITR) form for a housewife with income from tuition. Options include ITR-1 (disclosing income under 'Other Sources') or ITR-4 (treating tuition as business income under presumptive taxation). While both are viable, ITR-1 is often suggested as a simpler option for those primarily seeking to file a return and declare modest income. The required documents will depend on the chosen ITR form and the nature of the income declared.

Either you can go for ITR -4 by showing turion income as income from business & profession or you can file ITR-1 disclosing tution income in other sources.

In my opinion ITR-1 is better option
Yes... I agreed to Mrs Meenakshi Gandhi...


@ Ankit Chaturvedi.,

Better to consider with Your colleagues...
Can I show income from stiching work instead of tuition income and file itr foe the same?
As per my view.,

if you will show the income as IFOS then You can file ITR 1...

In case will treat as Business (service) then file ITR 4 (presumptive taxation scheme).
Is there any disadvantage of Filing itr 4? actually she is a housewife just want to file return and just want to show some income.. so what is better? and which documents I should taken?
Originally posted by : Ankit chaturvedi
Is there any disadvantage of Filing itr 4? actually she is a housewife just want to file return and just want to show some income.. so what is better? and which documents I should taken?

 

She is Housewife. So only I said first discuss with Your colleagues, not in a open forum and Agreed to Mrs Meenakshi Gandhi for the her reply..

If File ITR--4 then It's advantage. not a disadvantage...

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
18 September 2026
Accounts & Finance Specialist

ULTRA CHEMICAL WORKS

Thane

CA Final

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 28 September 2026
Junior Accountant

J S P M & Associates LLP

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 October 2026
Article Trainee/ CMA Trainee

RMA And Associates LLP

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
Featured ARTICLESHIP 06 October 2026
Semi Qualified

AJAY SINGH AND CO LLP

Thane

CA Final

View Details