Which form to use? itr 4 or itr 4s?

Sir, I have income earned from Network agent commission which is Rs.120000/=. The whole amount is treated as income. Whether I can file return in ITR 4S? or I have to use ITR-4 (Big one?)? Please reply

Replies (4)

I think you can use ITR 4S. It can be used when you don't have proper books of accounts for your business.

For more details refer https://www.accounting-n-taxation.com/Taxation-Forms.html#itr4

As per section 44AD, a person is not eligible to avail any benefit  under this section if he/she is earning income in the nature of commmssion or brokerage. Hence, you can not file ITR-4S, So, pls file ITR-4 only.

Revert for further clarification if required @ praveen.jain @ icai.org

Regds,

Praveen Jain

I filled up ITR-4 yesterday, my company is deducting the TDS under section 194J and issued 16A so i mentioned that in TDS and income mentioned in salary and i dont have any other income the total amount  i earned is 1.3 lac and TDS2 is 13000/- only so i have to revised my ITR for showing business income or fine with the salary? in revised itr-4 any problem occurs?

 

Sir, my net income chargeable to tax for Asst. Year 2012-12 is Rs. 1,81,480.00/- (after deducting deduction u/s 80C).I have not maintained any accounts books. My nature of business is "General Comm. Agent". I want to know can i file itr 4S...If yes Then under Schedule BP, i have to write Rs. 1,81,480.00/- in E1 and E2 both. Is that right.Please help me.... Thanks

Mohit Bhandari

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
20 September 2026
Semi Qualified CA

Navin & Associates

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
19 September 2026
CA/Semi-CA/BCom

Pravin Sarvaiya

Mumbai

CA Inter

View Details
Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
08 September 2026
Semi-Qualified Assitant

Subrahmanyam & Sivudu CA Firm

Hyderabad

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details