CCI Online Learning
What do you want to learn today?

CIBIL

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Whether this expenses are direct or indirect for hotel and restaurant?

Greg Miller   13 April 2020

Greg Miller

1 points

| My Other Post

Well, there are basically 2 types of expenses that you can deduct related to your hotel/restaurant: One is Direct Expenses and the other is Indirect Expenses.

“Direct” the word itself suggest that these expenses are completely related & assigned to the core hotel business operations. Mainly, the direct expenses are related to the purchases and production of goods/services.

When it comes to "Indirect Expenses", these expenses are paid for keeping up and running your entire hotel/restaurant.

For instance, the indirect expenses generally include insurance, utilities, and general hotel repairs. Since these are expenses you would pay for the entire hotel, these are considered indirect expenses

as per the question you have raised I’ve listed down the expenses categories in the concerned sections.

Direct: Rent paid for building, salary of housekeeping staff front office staff restaurant staff like cook chef, waiter, caption etc.

Indirect: Electric bill of hotel, telephone bills, cable connection bill for guest rooms

avater

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")     14 April 2020

RAJA P M
"Do the Right Thing...!!!" 
 8397 likes  114715 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Dear....

Are You asking query or giving tips/solution to others....??

avater

Heet Shah (Tax Consultant)     09 August 2020

Heet Shah
Tax Consultant 
 32 likes  1148 points

Thanks for the information

avater

Asha Kanta Sharma (Manager - Finance & Accounts)     10 August 2020

Asha Kanta Sharma
Manager - Finance & Accounts 
 146 likes  6435 points

You can write an article to enlighten the community on the topics of your interest/importance.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register