Updated Online video classes available for CA,CS,CMA for May20 and Nov20 batch. Call: 1800-3000-0505

whether gst payable or not?

RAHUL (Student)     17 August 2019

RAHUL
Student 
 3 likes  120 points

| My Other Post

In a hospital, they have bought a product by paying gst but ITC is not taken. Now they've issued a debit note to the supplier as they are returning the product. So when they are returning the product to the supplier should they pay the gst.? does it becomes a supply.?

avater

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner)     18 August 2019

Pankaj Rawat
GST Practitioner 
 3148 likes  42080 points

View Profile | My Other Post

No............., but ask supplier to issue the credit note for the same & return the goods on DC & CNT of suppliier

avater

RAHUL (Student)     18 August 2019

RAHUL
Student 
 3 likes  120 points

but when hospital is returning the product to the supplier it becomes a supply for hospital..ryt.?

avater

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner)     18 August 2019

Pankaj Rawat
GST Practitioner 
 3148 likes  42080 points

Yes ... only case if Hospital is registered in GST.

avater

RAHUL (Student)     18 August 2019

RAHUL
Student 
 3 likes  120 points

so you are saying that your first answer is wrong.??

avater

Pankaj Rawat (GST Practitioner)     22 August 2019

Pankaj Rawat
GST Practitioner 
 3148 likes  42080 points

No .......
If you are registered in GST then at the time of purchase you must have claimed ITC , hence ITC is to Reverse when you are returning back to supplier.

As per Section 32 of CGST Act if you are not registered , you cannot claim ITC & reverse .ITC . (cannot collect & charge GST )

Note : As per Section 34. the supplier can issue credit or Debit in GST , so in case of Returning goods to supplier ask your supplier to Issue credit Note for the same .
(then even if you are unregistered , the supplier shall Reduce his output tax liability by issuing credit note )

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »