Easy Office
LCI Learning

Whether adt-1 required to be filed for ratification..?

Page no : 2

sudarshan shintre (pcs) (32 Points)
Replied 20 November 2015

Hi mayank, When did u file adt1....pls check if it's approved....if the form is unapproved then u cannot upload aoc4.... Although adt1 is STP form it takes 12 to 24 hrs to approve.

Replied 20 November 2015

Hi mayank, When did u file adt1....pls check if it's approved....if the form is unapproved then u cannot upload aoc4.... Although adt1 is STP form it takes 12 to 24 hrs to approve.

Replied 20 November 2015

Replied 20 November 2015

Replied 20 November 2015

i apologise to all. there was some error with the mobile app and hence multiple posts.

MONICA (STUDENT) (25 Points)
Replied 31 December 2015

THANKS SUDARSHAN.

I HAVE QUERY THAT IS IT COMPULSORY TO FILE GNL 2 ?

I HAVE FILE FILED E-ADT 1 AFTER AFTER ABOVE SAID PERIOD N WHILE FILE AOC-4 M GETTING SAME ERROR.

MONICA (STUDENT) (25 Points)
Replied 31 December 2015

THANKS SUDARSHAN.

I HAVE QUERY THAT IS IT COMPULSORY TO FILE GNL 2 ?

I HAVE FILE FILED E-ADT 1 AFTER AFTER ABOVE SAID PERIOD N WHILE FILE AOC-4 M GETTING SAME ERROR.

Poonam kayal (practising company secretary )   (40 Points)
Replied 15 September 2016

do we need to file ADT 1 for the current year 2016-2017 also, if we have appointed the auditor for the period of five year ie 2018-19 in the last AGM . Can we mention the same SRn No.

Please do advice.

Please share the resolution re-appointment of auditor.

NEHA JAIN (CS) (28 Points)
Replied 04 October 2016

i am too facing problem while filing AOC-4. 

Please Clarify Whether ADT-1 will file for ratification of auditor or Not? 

Replied 06 October 2016

ADT-1 for ratifaction not required. The SRN of ADT-1 filed at the time of appointment can be used for a period of 5 years until next appointment.

P C Agrawal (Registered independent director Past Chairman of Aurangabad Chapter of ICSI Practicing Company Secretary at Aurangabad)   (8229 Points)
Replied 06 October 2016

Fourth proviso to Sec.139(1) requires ADT.1  to be filed for "appointment" of auditor at AGM.  First proviso to this section requires ratification of appointment at every AGM. The provison relating to ratification is meaningless.  Ratification is done when some other authority has done something beyond its powers, but which was within powers of the authority ratifying the same.  For example, Board can approve excess payment of remuneration to a director subject to ratification by members in general meeting.  However, in this case authority appointing the auditors and the authority ratifying the appointment is the same, i.e. the  shareholders and hence requirement of ratification  is meaningless.  Realising this, MCA is now removing provision  of ratification vide Companies (Amendment) Bill 2016.

In any case, ratification is not appointment and there is no need to file ADT.1 every year.

Law Aspire (CS) (755 Points)
Replied 05 November 2016

Originally posted by : Amit The AB
It is not mentioned anywhere, in rules or act, but it is advisable to file ADT-1 every year.

Why is it advisable to file at the time of ratification.

CS Subbarao (CS) (40 Points)
Replied 06 November 2016

After giving z9999999 in SRN instead click on Prefill. 

Kinldy provide autior details and address manually and AOC4 can be filed.

Replied 06 November 2016

It's incorrect to insert z999999....there was a circular in 2015 which expressly provides for using of z999999 only for first financial year filing of aoc-4

Pratik Shah (Practising Company Secretary)   (4432 Points)
Replied 07 November 2016

If you had filed Form ADT-1 earlier, then such SRN can be useful for all subsequent years for which the Form was filed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro

Subscribe to the latest topics :

Search Forum: