Where ca profession goes

CA.Leela Kumar (Deputy Manager) (129 Points)

06 August 2014  

Dear Friends,

I don't understand where our profession goes, now a days companies offer jobs for chartered accountants on contractual basis and that consolidated pay of 30 to 40k.  Some of the Companies are comparing with graduation or postgraduation with CA for Eligibility Position. Even in one of my friends company they are conducted interview for CA position with the salary package of 20 to 25k, nearly 20 people were attended the interview for that package. I had a discussion with Our CFO regarding the situation, he says that supply is more than demand thatswhy we are decided to give low packages by saying the weaknesses of the interviewees.  Earlier the supply was low we had to pay good packages for getting a CA

It means that demand is very low and people here says that knowledge, exposure etc., is not upto the mark for these freshers. My point is our profession is not a rocket science to create innovations but better than a graduate with this we cant create miracles.  

This fact should be keep in mind for all the CA aspirants and Freshers.  Future is going to be very tough for us