ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

What is Stress ? Some Tips

Santhosh Poojary (SIEMPRE AHÍ PARA TI) (15587 Points)

23 October 2010  

Stress is an emotionally disruptive or upsetting condition of mind which occurs in response to adverse external influences.

Stress raises the level of adrenaline 

which leads to increase in the heart rate, respiration, and blood pressure and puts more physical stress on bodily organs.

When some thing pleasant or unpleasant happens around you, which puts you in a state of strain or pressure, it is called stress.

Various other concepts which are linked to the word stress are:

Anxiety

Depression

Exhaustion

Frustration

Despair

Overwork

Over-focusing

Confusion

The nature of stress is broadly of two types :

Eustress (Positive stress)

Distress (Negative stress)

Both may not necessarily occur due to positive and negative events compulsorily.

The reason being, the distinction between good or bad depends upon the perception of an individual.

The various types of stress can also be further categorized.Stress functions at three stages namely:

Alarm stage

Resistance stage

Exhaustion stage

The level at which you are defines the further coarse of action.

Stress can directly or indirectly lead to development of physiological or psychological disorders.

Long-term stress can play as a contributing factor in heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, enlargement of the adrenal glands and other illnesses.

To know stress better we first need to identify the stressors.

They are both external and internal. The identification is necessary to decide the kind of treatment required by one.

Stress management treatments are available in the form of various medications, therapies and techniques. All you need to do is explore, so go ahead!

10 Replies

Santhosh Poojary (SIEMPRE AHÍ PARA TI) (15587 Points)
Replied 23 October 2010

All you need is a basic understanding of your body and the things that are becoming a reason of stressful conditions.

Once you are aware of these, stress can not bother you anymore.

This is a guide that will equip you with five impeccable stress relief techniques that would help you fight with your stress woes.

Massage :

This is one of the most preferred techniques to overcome stress.

Massaging predominantly involves the pressing of major pressure points on the body that oozes out stress from the body.

People can opt for a wide range of massage, from a simple head massage to the complete body massage.

massage not only eases stress from one's mind but it also provides relief to the tensed body muscles.

Manicure and pedicure : 

It has been proved that there are many pressure points, specifically on our hands and feet.

These pressure points when touched aptly ease out stress from the body. You can go for manicure and pedicure either at a good salon or you can do it at home itself.

Positive thinking

This is a very old saying that a mind with positive thoughts is the genesis of a healthy body.

Even doctors believe that a patient with positive thoughts have more chances to recuperate fast as compared to the one who thinks that this is his end. So throw away all the negative feelings and thoughts out from your mind and live with all the positive thoughts in life.

A balanced lifestyle:

Stress generally finds home in an unbalanced lifestyle. Therefore try to follow a lifestyle that has a mélange of everything- work, time for family, time for recreational activities, time for vacations and last but not the least, time for yourself.

Bubble bath:

It is also one of the activities that has a very relaxing effect on one's mind and body. Use a good aromatic oil or soap in the bath tub and see how easy it is to take away tension.

Sandya (Article) (217 Points)
Replied 23 October 2010

Thanks For Sharing...

Prateek (M.Com. CWA- Final) (237 Points)
Replied 23 October 2010

Good One.

CA Navin Jain (MANAGER (FINANCE & ACCOUNTS))   (11763 Points)
Replied 23 October 2010

very nice posting

Sunshine (Helping All) (10575 Points)
Replied 23 October 2010

nice 1...

Siddharth (Accountant) (342 Points)
Replied 23 October 2010

Hello Freinds,

Can any buddy help or guide me that how can i pursue my currier in CA ?what is procedure?

currenly i am working in Media company

i can't leave job for study but i want complete my educatio also

is there any currespondece course for CA or Management ?

pls help me i do not have any idea.

Siddhi Helekar (student ipcc) (111 Points)
Replied 23 October 2010

very nice. thanks for sharing.

Rahul (CA) (1880 Points)
Replied 23 October 2010

Originally posted by : CA Navin Jain

very nice posting

Vikas Gupta (CHARTERED ACCOUNTANT) (16295 Points)
Replied 24 October 2010

Originally posted by : Prateek

Good One.

Dixit (CA Final) (2405 Points)
Replied 30 October 2010

nice one

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags