What after becoming a CA??

Ankit Mundra (CA Final Student B.Com L.L.B. (3rd Year))   (129 Points)

27 September 2010  

Hey Friends,

I'm in CA Final and my attempt is due in May 2011.  Many times my relatives/seniors ask me that after becoming a CA, what I want to do..?? Whether I want to do Practise or Job… if Job.. In which company and in which area.?? Frankly speaking, I don’t know these answers.

Ya,, I do have interest in some areas like Mergers and acquisition, Equity and Derivatives but I've not experienced any practical knowledge in these fields. I'm on the verge of completing my articleship (I'm not dummy) and but from a very small firm.

I belong to a middle class family and my parents have already started dreaming about their son becoming a Chartered Accountant. Moreover, I'm an average student.  I dont know how to select the field in which i should enter into. But yeah, i'll choose to do Job for first few years so that i can back my family.

I see people doing CPA,CFA etc. but due to lack of finance, I cant even think about it… moreover,. I don’t find any need to do these courses as CA is in itslef a complete course.

So people, who have cleared CA Final or those who have decided what they want to be.. Please guide me also.