Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit Mundra (CA Final Student B.Com L.L.B. (3rd Year))     27 September 2010

What after becoming a CA??

Hey Friends,

I'm in CA Final and my attempt is due in May 2011.  Many times my relatives/seniors ask me that after becoming a CA, what I want to do..?? Whether I want to do Practise or Job… if Job.. In which company and in which area.?? Frankly speaking, I don’t know these answers.

Ya,, I do have interest in some areas like Mergers and acquisition, Equity and Derivatives but I've not experienced any practical knowledge in these fields. I'm on the verge of completing my articleship (I'm not dummy) and but from a very small firm.

I belong to a middle class family and my parents have already started dreaming about their son becoming a Chartered Accountant. Moreover, I'm an average student.  I dont know how to select the field in which i should enter into. But yeah, i'll choose to do Job for first few years so that i can back my family.

I see people doing CPA,CFA etc. but due to lack of finance, I cant even think about it… moreover,. I don’t find any need to do these courses as CA is in itslef a complete course.

So people, who have cleared CA Final or those who have decided what they want to be.. Please guide me also.

6 Replies

CA Punit GoSwaMi

CA Punit GoSwaMi (Chartered Accountant)     09 June 2011

Dude Same is the Case with me..and with many others ...

Anit Sharma

Anit Sharma (CA Final student )     09 June 2011

Enjoy professional life.

CA. ANKUR JAIN

CA. ANKUR JAIN (CA.....)     09 June 2011

Hi ankit dont worry yaar this is not only u who r facing this kind of problem........

first of all try to crack your final then surely ICAI is there which will OPEN so many doors for us to EARN money..........

even if you go with practice then also there is many options now as job in CA FIRMS..... they also provides gud packages(ya not equal to industry job) with which u can back famly

but the main thrust at this time should be the DEGREE....!!!

Priya

Priya (article)     11 June 2011

though i dont know much yet i will name few

Accounting 

Audit - internal ; statutory ; Risk & Advisory ; Forensic audit ; 

Share market related - Derivatives ; treasury operations(ICICI is recruiting CA for this post currently) ; Hedging (very lucrative salary reaching upto 15L n above); Equity Analyst ;

Info Tech related- SAP ;  

Teaching(self or engaging in a coaching) - Any subjects of our course 

Investment Banking 

Merger & acquisitions

Taxation - Direct ; indirect tax

Banking

Insurance

Secretarial Compliance officer(Law)

These are not fully listed...those who want to add feel free to do so and suggest more areas...

As for which you want to do... just ask yourself which of the 8 subjects you studied in caught your most interest and if offered to do a THESIS in a subject which would it be? the answer is the area where you are most likely to give your 100% and most imp. enjoy while working at it!

Aline Gilmore

Aline Gilmore (Ipsum fugit ex quia)     20 March 2019

An Indian room and space is implemented for the discussion of the forums. He actor of the Indian origin and best dissertation.com is approved for the students. The accentuation is done for the fundamental part for the vital and all positives for the people.

Tanay Kumar Das

Tanay Kumar Das (CA Foundation Mentor)     24 July 2019

1. Entrepreneur cum CA is deadliest combination, you know all aspects of finance (atleast as they say) , you know tax systems, you know corporate culture and you have that jugaad prefix (CA is know for jugaad more) . And since you step in as being entrepreneur then you must have gained some technical knowledge of field.
  2. Practice - evergreen option for CAs and will never disappoint you in long term all have to do is take risk of being professional. 3 years later you will tank god.
  3. Government job - there are multiple of opening in many PSU, banks, even government departments that requires CA as required degree.
  4. Corporate job - the day i cleared CA i thought finding job is difficult, but as compared to any other degree we have more job opportunities, all you have to do is search in right place and right time. No one stays without job for more then the next attempt due time aka 5 months max.
  5. International opportunity - i have quite dozens of knowns working in middle east, usa, uk with just ca degree. No further post qualification.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register