Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003


Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

CAstudent (Student)     07 October 2011

Want to Join CA after 16 years

My Husband left CA after passing intermediate group I in the year 1996 due to some family problems. But now he wants to complete his degree. I want to know whether he can join straightway from IPCC group-II or not ? Please suggest ....

 20 Replies


SHARATH CHANDRAN (Trainee)     07 October 2011

As per my opinion he can't because he hasn't attempted last two chances and his registration will get cancelled automatically. He has to register afresh.


Annu.R (CA,CS,B.Com)     07 October 2011

NOTE: (05/08/2011) This Notification is currently on hold for time being, which means you need not go for re-validation even if the validation period is lapsed, this is for time being and may change in the near future.

As per the announcement made by Board of Studies of ICAI (Announcement no. : “BoS/Announcement/227/11″) it is mandatory for CA students to re validate their registration after specific periods. The details of the announcement (showing information relevant to students registered for PCC/IPCC Course) are as follows :

In order to streamline the period of validity of registration for Common Proficiency
Course (CPC), Professional Competence Course (PCC)/ Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC) and Final levels of Chartered Accountancy Course, the Council at its 303rd Meeting held on February 10-12, 2011 decided as under:


PCC/IPCC students:
1. Initial registration for Professional Competence Course (PCC)/ Integrated
Professional Competence Course (IPCC) is valid for 4 years.
2. Revalidation of registration shall be done for further period of 4 years before
expiry of initial registration. Students who have got their registration revalidated
with the concerned Decentralised Offices may have the registration revalidated
every 4 years after the expiry of the earlier revalidated period.
3. Fee for revalidation is Rs. 400/- for each revalidation.
4. Students are required to ensure before applying for admission to PCC/ IPCC
examination that they have valid registration.
5. PCC students who have registered on or before 31st October, 2007 are required to
revalidate their registration before applying for November, 2011 PCC examination.
6. Students who have registered in Intermediate or Professional Education (Course-II)
are required to switchover to Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC) in
order to continue their studies in chartered accountancy course.


It may be noted that if a student appears in the PCC/IPCC examination without having valid registration, he shall have to pay a penal fee of Rs. 250/- (in addition to the prescribed revalidation fee with retrospective effect) within 30 days prior to the date of declaration of results.
Candidates, whose period of initial registration has expired, may apply for revalidation by making an application on plain paper, together with the prescribed fee by way of Demand Draft drawn in favour of “The Secretary, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India, payable at Mumbai/ Chennai/ Kolkata/ Kanpur/Delhi” as the case may be and forward the same to the Decentralised Office concerned at Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, Kanpur and Delhi. The above decision of the Council shall be applicable from November, 2011 examination onwards.


amritaseth (trainee)     07 October 2011

can anyone please tell wat is last attempt for pcc students???

* Krishna *

* Krishna * (CA Student)     07 October 2011

@ amritaseth

Last attempt for PCC Exam as per ICAI is November 2012.

Ritesh Indian Son[CMA*CS*CA]

Ritesh Indian Son[CMA*CS*CA] (" Simple Living High Thinking ")     07 October 2011

yes, definately he should join such prestigiuos course without any further waiting, all such relevant information you can get in this Golden platform .

CA Rajat Jain

CA Rajat Jain (CA)     07 October 2011

yaah should join ca again

Ashutosh Biswal

Ashutosh Biswal (Asst.Manager Finance)     07 October 2011

Yes , will have to take registeration afresh......So, No mind .. he is welcome to join such like prestigiuos Course once again and believe to complete with flying colors , ALL THE BEST !! 

Anil Kumar

Anil Kumar (CA Final)     07 October 2011

Hi not sure of your name,


Yes, there are provisions for getting exemption cleared under Group 1 of CA intermediate.


Just check with the institute itself.


Because i am current preparing for the CA IPCC exams after a span of almost 10 Years from my registration.




R.SIVASANKARI (STUDENT)     07 October 2011


I also joined ca after clearing inter group -2 after a  gap of 10 yrs. I got reregistered with ICAI and cleared group 1 of PE 2 and now Iam preparing for Final. So u can clarify with ICAI,  All the best




Annu.R (CA,CS,B.Com)     07 October 2011

It is also useful in this situaton :-

Faq unit exams in ipcc

Hema Sowthiri

Hema Sowthiri   08 October 2011


I have completed my CA Inter in 2001 and appeared thrice for final and discontinued my final becoz of my marriage and family upbringing. Now, I have lot of free time. Can any one let me know what is the process to do my final course.


anamica (proprietor)     08 October 2011


i have completed my articleship in 1998 but had not cleared any of the groups of inter so if i joined ca again than which exam i have to give ipcc or pe, please guide me with the procedure


Annu.R (CA,CS,B.Com)     08 October 2011

IPCC and procedure posted on first page........

mayank agarwal

mayank agarwal (CA fianlist BCOM(H) CS student )     08 October 2011



call them  & get your query clear

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags