Vehicle loan entry

Abdul Razak (Accountant) (95 Points)

16 October 2014  

Hi Everyone,

Please explain me that,how to do journal entry for Vehicle Loan,When Car Value is Rs.102400/- & Accessaries Rs.1022/-,Down payment was paid through Cash Rs.21502/- & Bank loan Rs.82740/-.EMI Rs.1966/- & Tenure of loan 48 months.In that case,I have done Journal entry in tally.

1.When purchase of Car                                                                                                                               Car a/c Dr  103422/-                                                                                                                                   To Cash                  21502/-                                                                                                                       To Car loan             81920/- (But loan bank loan Rs.82740/-)

2.When First Installment                                                                                                                           Car loan a/c Dr  1966/                                                                                                                              To Bank          1966/-

Note:-If EMI will be calculated 48months X 1966 =94368/-

Please explain me & I am waiting for kind reply from all of you sir.