Avail 20% discount on updated CA lectures for Dec 21 .Use Code RESULT20 !! Call : 088803-20003

ICICI

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Hardik Patel (B.Com, CA Final)     10 May 2017

Vat or gst registration

Hello Sir/Mam, I want to start new business. So my question is shall i apply for vat registration and then by migrate it in GST or should i wait untill new GST registration process begins? I am requesting you to please help me which is more beneficial? Thanking you.

4 Replies

Tarun Modi

Tarun Modi (Chartered Accountant)     10 May 2017

Hello Hardik,

You can apply for VAT now and later can migrate to GST easily. Applying for VAT now will benifit in starting your business from now onwards and also the process for application is matured. So it is benificial to apply now.

CA Rashmi Gandhi

CA Rashmi Gandhi (Chartered Accountant)     10 May 2017

Waot for some time if you can or your turnover is below 2000000/- because till now GST is expected to implement from July. 
If u registered now for TIN then u have to migrate fully from VAT to TIN 
VENKATESH M

VENKATESH M (MANAGER - DIRECT & INDIRECT TAXATION)     10 May 2017

I agree with Rashmi Ji 

Tarun Modi

Tarun Modi (Chartered Accountant)     10 May 2017

I think it is not necessary. Currently for all TIN numbers, provisional registration was being done. But if the assessee doe not required o get registered under GST laws and that provisional registration will be cancelled.

Further without being registered in GST, a person will become unregistered and hence other registered person dealing with you will have to comply with reverse charge provisions.

These are the various points. Take a decsion on the scenario whihc is most suiatble for you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion

Popular Discussion

view more »

Subscribe to the latest topics :
Search Forum:

Trending Tags