Unregistered trust and itr 7 & Name of project institution

(Guest)

Hi all

I am filing  return of a Church which is not registered under section 12A. It is not claiming any kind of exemption and has only interest income. It is mandatory to fill 'Details of the projects / institutions run by you'. I have filled the name of the church and registering authority as the sectretariat it is registered under. 

The problem is that it asks for Section under which exemption claimed, if any (see instruction para 11e). This part actually should be optional as IF ANY words are used.

But if I fill this as OTHERS, error is generated 'total income should be zero is option OTHERS is selected'

Should I select  section 11?

avater

DINU SUKUMAR (Audit Manager)     20 February 2018

DINU SUKUMAR
Audit Manager 
 10 likes  174 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Hii, Trusts not registered under any applicable exempted sections of the Act assessable as AOP. Since it is difficult to file ITR-7 for the same. Section 11 is applicable only for trsts registered u/s 12AA of the Act. Study about applicability of ITR -5 for  your assessee status ie. AOP (Trusts).

Regards

(Guest)

Thanks for the reply. But the requirement to file return is from The Secretariat of Confraternities (Archdiocese of Goa and Daman) and they have asked for ITR 7.

avater

Swathi (CA & CMA)     23 March 2018

Swathi
CA & CMA 
 5 likes  103 points

Hi Madhavi Mam..

Have u solved this problem. am facing the same problem. can u plz tell me how u've been solved this.

Regards,

Swathi.

(Guest)

I filed ITR 5 as there was no other option :(

1 Like

bhawana (practising)     05 July 2018

bhawana
practising 
 22 points

Can an unregistered trust having PAN of TRUST (i.e. AAATE....)  file ITR5 as AOP bacause ITR7 can not be filed as project details are mandatory and they are not available.

avater

Peeyush (Proprietor)     20 August 2018

Peeyush
Proprietor 
 3 likes  53 points

If by any chance you File ITR-7 for Unregistered Trust , you might get a defective notice and then evenetually you will have to reply by filling ITR-5 for unregistered trust as an AOP.

avater

Ravi (partner)     26 April 2019

Ravi
partner 
 22 points

Did you receive any intimation or notice after filing ITR 5 and is it a correct option

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »