CCI Online Learning
What do you want to learn today?

CIBIL

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Unknown transactions in my form 26as discovered today?

sunando ghosh (consultant)     23 August 2015

sunando ghosh
consultant 
 37 points

| My Other Post

Unknown Transactions in my form 26AS discovered today?

I came across certain unrelated transactions in Form 26AS today from a company called DARCL LOGISTICS LIMITED under section 194C. I am not at all having connections with Deductor.

Unfortunately when I further downloaded all earlier Forms from TRACES website I found such transactions for 4 years out of last 8 years.

Pls guide as to what should be my next step.

Appreciate practical workable advice which I can follow and get my issue resolved.

Thanks in advance

avater

Z (         )     23 August 2015

Z

256 likes  2944 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Kindly send a letter to your AO , disclaiming this income and stating therein that no income accrues or arises to you from the above deductor ,and  mentioning therein the A.Y for which such credit was given. I hope you did not utilized this credit either. 

avater

Rashi Bajaj (CA)     23 August 2015

Rashi Bajaj
CA 
 53 likes  752 points

Do not utilize such tds credit from unknown parties. The only reason it is showing in your account is that the deductor has put wrong PAN in return. In case of income tax query you could prove from bank entries that no such income is recd. Further, as said by Z above, you may voluntarily alert the tax office.

CA SACHIN (practice)     23 August 2015

CA SACHIN
practice 
 5 likes  115 points

I agree with rashi regarding non utilization of credit

avater

Udgam Koomar (Tax Technologist)     23 August 2015

Udgam Koomar
Tax Technologist 
 111 likes  1944 points

Yes do not use and for your records give in written to Ao for your safety and future action.

Kiran. S (CTO)     23 August 2015

Kiran. S
CTO 
 43 likes  743 points

You observed the Tax credits today. So you must not have taken credits in previous years.

The TDS return filed by the deducter has been mapped to wrong PAN.

You should not claim Tax credits at any cost.

Write a letter to your AO. with your 26AS statements where tax credits and payments occur.

You should give a copy to TDS AO also and CIT of your range. If you personally go take an acknowledgement. If you send by post send it by Registered AD letter.

avater

manoj (student)     23 August 2015

manoj
student 
 407 likes  5159 points

Write a letter to the AO . Put full information in the letter regarding wrong TDS Plus attach Previous year returns copy mentioned that you have not claimed any TDS For that amount 

avater

Saubhagya (partner)     24 August 2015

Saubhagya
partner 
 22 points

Dear Sunando Greeting in your case the company wrongly put your pan as I think that you don't had received any income in your bank. It is astonished it is not in only the previous year but also earlier year which you had already filed your return as I guess... Step- you should voluntarily write a letter to your AO(WARD) and also write a letter to tds cpcand also the company... And don't clam the same tax credit... For your wellness Happy learning Thank you CA Saubhagya 9658339601

raghavan (self)     24 August 2015

raghavan
self 
 49 likes  611 points

Dear sunanda......pls recall if u have any dealing with Delhi Assam roadways I.e. previous name before writing to the IT dept. Check also your circle who may have dealing with this concern.... All the best....raghavan

sunando ghosh (consultant)     24 August 2015

sunando ghosh
consultant 
 37 points

Thank you all for your kind guidance and reply. Its very relieving.

Any sample letter / draft which i could use to deraft my letter to AO?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Trending Tags
icai
gstr 9
students
ca exams may 2020
eway bill
traces