Easy Office

Understand the importance of CA Articleship

Page no : 2

Chintan Vasa (CA Final Student M.Com)   (1241 Points)
Replied 25 March 2010

Nitin

There are many CA's who make the article work like a personal servant or peon, but this thing happened when the first batch of CPT students passed out. The result was humungous. Almost 67%!!! & there was shortage of CA firms to absorb them. Many students got articlehsip in the firms which were not of their choice but they had to continue articleship anyhow. ICAI should have thought of such shortcomings.

But now the situation is totally different. Now u might see vacancies in the CA firms as the supply has been cut down due to the introduction of IPCC scheme. Now u can get the articlseship in a comparatively good firm. In fact now the CA firms are ready to pay more stipend.

Regarding the work which u mentioned it all depends on yourself. In my previous firm other articles used to do such work but i used to oppose the same. So he didnt give me such work as i used to opppose such work. The point is that if u do such kind of work without opposing it then there is no use of complaining/regretting about the same.

2 Like

Nitin Singhal (Gaining knowledge...) (320 Points)
Replied 25 March 2010

@ Chintan:

If U are talking about transfer then u must know that transfer has been restricted by ICAI.

When I was in PCC my seniors used to say that every PCC article has to do these kind of work even we did. but as soon as U pass PCC u will get good work. So I used to think that they were right. But that situation has not changed even now.

As far as opposing is concerned I OPPOSE at all the time. but now since ICAI has restricted transfer they have only one answer TAKE TRANSFER.

and my freind U must know there is no hearing of articles in ICAI. all the power is with CA if he wrote that he is giving transfer due to Immoral bhaviour or other such comments then what would you do.

before restriction I used to attend college but since that notification they also restricted my college.

The thing which U r mentioning works where U r listened to but here articles are Indentured labour.

1 Like

Suresh (CA Final Student) (177 Points)
Replied 26 March 2010

Thanks for ur Sharing Sir...

Ankur Garg (Company Secretary and Compliance Officer)   (114773 Points)
Replied 26 March 2010

Dear Nitin,

It seems you have gone through so many good and bad things during your articleship and your observation power is very strong. But brother all I can suggest you is that don’t lose hope and things will be all right very soon for everyone. But bro things have improved from earlier as mentioned by chintan and it also depends on your principal. It is true that an article deserves a much better treatment from their principle especially when transfer is restricted by ICAI.

Well I urge you to remember this situation coz very soon you’ll be on the other side of the table as a principle. I hope you got it what am trying to say…..      

Best Regards

Replied 26 March 2010

Originally posted by : Nitin Singhal

@ Chintan:

If U are talking about transfer then u must know that transfer has been restricted by ICAI.

When I was in PCC my seniors used to say that every PCC article has to do these kind of work even we did. but as soon as U pass PCC u will get good work. So I used to think that they were right. But that situation has not changed even now.

As far as opposing is concerned I OPPOSE at all the time. but now since ICAI has restricted transfer they have only one answer TAKE TRANSFER.

and my freind U must know there is no hearing of articles in ICAI. all the power is with CA if he wrote that he is giving transfer due to Immoral bhaviour or other such comments then what would you do.

before restriction I used to attend college but since that notification they also restricted my college.

The thing which U r mentioning works where U r listened to but here articles are Indentured labour.

Nitin

I know that the transfer has been banned. It just happened after i took transfer. Regarding your thinking that ICAI doesnt listen to article then let me tell u a fact ICAI always give an opportunity of being heard. It is a nobel institute & it cant take decision just like that. 

Where i was previously doing articleship he didnt use to pay stipend regularly. In fact he used to keep a timke lag of 3 months or 6 months as per his wish. As soon as i took the transfer i wrote an e mail to ICAI (president, vice president, bos & mss) U wont believe but they took immediate action & the result was that he himself called & told me to collect the stipend cheque. In fact because of my complaining other articles present in the firm also received their stipend & now they are getting their cheques regularly. I just want to say that if CA is found guilty then definitely ICAI will take action.

All what matters is INITIATIVE. If u just sit down quietly then believe me you have nothing but grievances & this is applicable not just from the view point of articleship but for life perspective also. "Remember Action Speaks More Then Words"

Prasad R (CA Final) (2128 Points)
Replied 26 March 2010

Dear Ankur Sir,

I appreciate ur views on articleship.Ur contribution to this club is very commendable and inspiring as well.

Keep Sharing.

Best Wishes

Prasad R

Replied 26 March 2010

Originally posted by : Chintan Vasa

Hello ankur sir i have started a community named "Share Your Practical Experience". I can just request you to join & share your experiences.

@ Chintan this is a great initiative and i Congratulate u for providing a good platform to everyone for sharing their practical experience.

Best Wishes

Prasad R

Replied 26 March 2010

Many thanks Prasad for your very kind comment. You are also invited to share your own words through a separate forum.

Regards

Replied 26 March 2010

Originally posted by : Ankur Garg

Many thanks Prasad for your very kind comment. You are also invited to share your own words through a separate forum.

Regards

Thanx sir.

Replied 26 March 2010

Originally posted by : Ankur Garg

Well I urge you to remember this situation coz very soon you’ll be on the other side of the table as a principle. I hope you got it what am trying to say…..      

Best Regards

Dear Ankur Sir,

Thanks for your support. I will never lose hope. And as far as remembering this situation is concerned, I m never going to forget this.

Once again thank U

Replied 26 March 2010

As soon as i took the transfer i wrote an e mail to ICAI (president, vice president, bos & mss) U wont believe but they took immediate action & the result was that he himself called & told me to collect the stipend cheque.

Dear Chintan

Thanks for your Comment. Although there is difference in your opinion and that of mine still I RESPECT YOUR OPINION AND YOUR COMMENTS IN SPIRIT.

I dont know where are U from( I mean in which city are U doing articleship) and how are the things there. May be you are right as per your experiences and environment.

But, May I have the liberty to ask U that why did U write an email to ICAI(president etc.) after U had taken your transfer. Why did U not do that before taking transfer?

My view on my Question is given in my previous reply to U " if he wrote that he is giving transfer due to Immoral bhaviour or other such comments then what would you do." This is the reason why U wrote email after taking transfer.

And if U ask any senior member of ICAI ( who is impartial and your wellwisher) he will always tell U never to against your pricipal until you are working under him. U will never get benefit plus U will spoil environment further.

Still I would say dont take my comments as Harsh or opposing you. I m just presenting my views and respect your as well as others viewpoint.

Thanks

Replied 26 March 2010

Originally posted by : Nitin Singhal

As soon as i took the transfer i wrote an e mail to ICAI (president, vice president, bos & mss) U wont believe but they took immediate action & the result was that he himself called & told me to collect the stipend cheque.

Dear Chintan

Thanks for your Comment. Although there is difference in your opinion and that of mine still I RESPECT YOUR OPINION AND YOUR COMMENTS IN SPIRIT.

I dont know where are U from( I mean in which city are U doing articleship) and how are the things there. May be you are right as per your experiences and environment.

But, May I have the liberty to ask U that why did U write an email to ICAI(president etc.) after U had taken your transfer. Why did U not do that before taking transfer?

My view on my Question is given in my previous reply to U " if he wrote that he is giving transfer due to Immoral bhaviour or other such comments then what would you do." This is the reason why U wrote email after taking transfer.

And if U ask any senior member of ICAI ( who is impartial and your wellwisher) he will always tell U never to against your pricipal until you are working under him. U will never get benefit plus U will spoil environment further.

Still I would say dont take my comments as Harsh or opposing you. I m just presenting my views and respect your as well as others viewpoint.

Thanks

Nitin

Your comments are not at all harsh so dont worry about that. Well u can complain when u r undergoing articleship with same principal. But what is imperative is that u should be able to prove it. Also if all the articles complain together then it can become more effective. What u said is true that senior or other members would suggest not to heat up the matter. Many CA's infact the institute people also suggested me the same thing.

Rgarding your question that why i didnt wrote before taking transfer, there was no unity among the articles present at that place. All were just scared & had no courage to face him. So i thought to complain after transfer. However still the transfer can be taken if there are reasonble grounds. If its possible to prove your sufferings then u can go ahead & take transfer on that basis.

Replied 26 March 2010

Dear Chintan

It is more or less the same thing which I m trying to say.

Anyway, thanks

And REMEMBER I M NOT AGAINST ARTICLESHIP, I M JUST EXPRESSING WHAT KIND OF TRAINING IS IMPARTED THAT IS NOT IN ANYWAY REALTED TO PROFESSIONAL COURSE.

Replied 27 March 2010

Really appreciate the positive way of discussion. Keep it up friends !!!

Sreedevi V Pai (CA Students....) (76 Points)
Replied 27 March 2010

Nice tips

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Join CCI Pro