Under construction property

I have a property for which I'm already claiming tax deduction on interest for last 7 years (shown as self occupied). Now I've booked an under construction property (completion expected in Sep 2021). I've taken a home loan on the same and first EMI paid in March 2019.

I have Three questions

1. Do I for ITR 1 or 2 (I'm a salaried individual. No other income)

2. Do I show the second property (under-construction) in my ITR? 

3. Can I claim deduction on the EMI interest component of the home loan on the under construction property?

Would be grateful for any advise..

 

Replies (2)
1. ITR 1 since your second property is yet to be completed
2. not necessary since it's yet to be completed
3. you can't claim now since the construction is not over. you can show once the completion is over subject to ceiling limit of 2 lakhs
Thank you very much for a comprehensive and prompt reply

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
09 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Aviv Global Private Limited

Ahmedabad

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 01 September 2026
Article Assistant

SGNG & Associates

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 16 September 2026
Article Assistant

MANUJ SHARMA AND COMPANY

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
26 September 2026
Chartared Accountant

pushpganga ventures

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
22 September 2026
Account Assistant

Chirag P Shah & Co. Chartered Accountant

Pune

B.Com

View Details