Turnover includes gst or not for purpose of sec 44ad

ganesh (BUSINESSMAN)     17 July 2018

ganesh
BUSINESSMAN 
 23 points

| My Other Post

Suppose if we opt Presumptive basis then wether the turnover should include GST or not

Eg Sales is Rs 100 and GST is Rs 18 so total Receipt is Rs. 118 so u/s 44AD wether Rs. 100 should be considered for calculating 8% of Turnover or Rs. 118 should be considered for calculating 8% of Turnover.

ABHIJIT MANNA (ACCOUNTANT)     17 July 2018

ABHIJIT MANNA
ACCOUNTANT 
 13 likes  304 points

View Profile | My Other Post

Turnover will be exclude of taxes thats mean 100 

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")     17 July 2018

RAJA P M
"Do the Right Thing...!!!" 
 7290 likes  99637 points

U/s 44ad the Turnover will be Calculate Rs. 118 (with GST / VAT) values and All receipts...

ABHIJIT MANNA (ACCOUNTANT)     17 July 2018

ABHIJIT MANNA
ACCOUNTANT 
 13 likes  304 points

Sir

If turnover will be consider Rs.. 118 u/s 44AD so what will be the turnover reported for GST which is newly added this year 

RAJA P M ("Do the Right Thing...!!!")     17 July 2018

RAJA P M
"Do the Right Thing...!!!" 
 7290 likes  99637 points

If we will opt presumptive Taxation u/s 44AD then T/O is Rs. 118...

If will opt u/s 44AA then T/O is Rs. 100

avater

Jethmal Singhvi (Chartered Accountant-Practitioner)     26 September 2018

Jethmal Singhvi
Chartered Accountant-Practitioner 
 135 points

In my opinion and thought by practicle, Turnover shall be Rs. 100, as Rs. 18 hasbeen collected on behalf of Govt. from the buyers. However Section 145A of the Income Tax Act,1961  states that purchase , sale and inventory shall be valued by taking into account the amount of any tax, duty, cess or fee.

avater

Sunil (Trader)     17 March 2019

Sunil
Trader 
 100 likes  2597 points

After introduction of GST the value of inventory we have is excluding GST as the GST component (IGST, CGST, SGST, UTGST) is all separately lying as Input GST in our books of account and these are adjusted against Output GST. Even GST excludes the GST from the turnover in calculating aggregate turnover.

As GSTR 3B for March is filed between 1st and 20th April you will have Input GST as your asset and Output GST as your liability as your return is not yet filed. Even if you deposit money in Cash Ledger it will reflect as asset in Cash Ledger.

This aspect of GST is one of the grey areas that ought to be ironed out in the Income Tax Act for Section 44AD. The legal fiction is the higher the rate of tax, the higher your presumptive income because GST Rate varies from Nil to 28%. There is also a situation of Composition dealers who do not charge customers the GST. For the same product there will be varying income under presumptive scheme. Someone with a small turnover of 10 lakhs maybe forced into GST just because of interstate supply. He will have a disadvantage against a URD.

What will happen is a person with 10 lakhs turnover in North East state will have to show a higher income than a person with same turnover in other states only because of GST.

avater

CA Ankit Agarwal (CA, CS)     22 March 2019

CA Ankit Agarwal
CA CS 
 62 likes  682 points

If You are opting for presumptive scheme u/s 44AD then GST  shall be added in Turnover.

But if If You will go for regular scheme u/s 44AA then GST shall not be added to Turnover.

In your case, GST will not be added.

2 Like

ABHIJIT MANNA (ACCOUNTANT)     25 March 2019

ABHIJIT MANNA
ACCOUNTANT 
 13 likes  304 points

Dear Ankit Jee

my case was u/s 44AD and you told that GST shall be added in turnover but again you told in last line  GST will not be added. So please don't misguide.

avater

CA Ankit Agarwal (CA, CS)     26 March 2019

CA Ankit Agarwal
CA CS 
 62 likes  682 points

GST shall be added in your case.

Please ignore "NOT" in the last line above.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »