Transfer of pan without request

Amar (selfemployed) (106 Points)

18 March 2013  

This is in continuation of my earlier post - Transfer of PAN without request (9 days before)

Thanks Mr. Ragavan for your sympathetic comments. But I am still waiting for proper guidance in the matter. Can any one please give me some suggestions in the matter.

I bring some more facts to the light for CA Community:

1. The annual income of my husband is more than 5 lacs. As such he will have to submit his future returns compulsorily online, as per recent announcement of the Income Tax Department. In such a case whether it will make any difference that his PAN remains at Mumbai or Kanpur. 

2. If it is necessary to bring back the PAN to Kanpur (Since he is a retired Bank Officer from Kanpur drawing his pension at Kanpur), then what course of action should be adopted.

3. The amount of refund for the AY 2012-13 is only Rs. 350/- which is not sufficient to satisfy the demand of 1600/- and interest thereon. Further, being a senior citizen he is not required to pay Advance Tax from this year onwards, Hence the chances of any refund arising after self assessment in future years are remote. In this case what will happen to the set off proceedings initiated u/s 245 ?

4. Can any body please advise me the e-mail, phone number of AO Mum, ITO WD 22(1)-1 so that he may be contacted in the matter.

Any body Kindly advise.