Trademark queries

Dear Sir/Madam

 
I have  jewellery store registered by the name " M/S Jewellery M Pednekar " 
 
This name sounds a bit wierd and I want to go for a new branding and want to  name it "Pednekar Jewellers" in some stylish font  with a nice stylish jewellery logo icon on top of it. And I want to trademark both the logo and the word.
 
So I would like to know the following about trademarking
 
1) will i have to change the name of my firm altogether as I have already registered it as M/S Jewellery M Pednekar earlier and I file all my returns etc etc under that name or can i go for a brand " Pednekar Jewellers " and just mention the name of the firm as "M/S Jewellery M Pednekar" in small letters below it.  
 
2) If there is already someone elses  firm by the name "Pednekar Jewellers" which is not trademarked and If i go ahead with the trademarking will it affect his business?
 
Kindly advice
Replies (1)

Dear Machit,

You can trademark your brand name and logo without changing the name of your partnership firm. You can brand yourself as "Pednekar Jewellers" everywhere.

If someone else has already owns a firm in the name "Pednekar Jewellers", it will affect his business if you trademark the same. Also that you can legally sue them to stop using this name as you own the name (after the registration).

Karthika
www.cogzidel.in
 

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
08 September 2026
Audit Executive

Thammana & Associates

Srikakulam

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 18 September 2026
Industrial Trainee

Twenty Point Nine Five Ventures Private Limited

Noida

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 12 September 2026
Assistant Manager - Finance & Compliance

Naveen Fintech Pvt Ltd

Kolkata

CA Inter

View Details
Company
04 September 2026
CA inter Or ca finalist

A Jaiswal and company

Lucknow

CA Final

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details
Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accountant

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

B.Com

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details