Asha Vaishnava (Manager - Finance & Accounts) 02 January 2020
please help me know the procedure for new company trace registration traces login.
1. steps for filing etds returns through traces
2. i am unable to login to traces, i die registration of tan through income tax portal but how do i login to trace now ?
3. expected rent to pay this year to landlord is 184000 and we are not deducting tds as the thresholds limit is 240000. this is correct right ?
Susmita Dutta, CA , CPA (CA ) 02 January 2020
TDS threshold for deduction of tax on rent is increased from Rs. 1,80,000 to Rs. 2,40,000 for FY 2019-20 onwards.
So if the expected rent to pay this year to landlord is 184000 there is no need to deduct TDS.
Ashok Kumar (CA qualified) 03 January 2020
1. E-TDS returns can be filed online through income tax efiling portal using tax deductor login and not through TRACES website. only the status of the statements filed can be seen in traces. Otherwise, all the requisite files (form 27A, fvu, etc.) and submitted in TDS filing centre
2. There are two types login in TRACES - as tax deductor (using independent TAN for each place) and as taxpayer (as PAN). TAN based login can be used to see the status of statement filed, generate Form 16/16A, etc. PAN based login can be used to apply Form 13, etc.
Kindly let me know the purpose for which you are trying to login TRACES