Todays puzzle 03-11-2011

 

You’re travelling to some village. At some point there is a fork in the road. You could go two ways but only one of them leads to the village. Lucky for you there are two men standing next to the fork. But unfortunately one of them always lies and one always speaks the truth and you do not know who is who. Since the men do not really like to help you, you are allowed to ask one of them only one question. Which question should you ask?

 

 

 

 

 

Solution of "Todays Puzzle 02-11-2011"

Replies (3)

i will ask one of them am i black or white.

1)if he tell correct answer then i think he is person who tells truth

and then i ask another person the route and i go to the opposite way what he told to me because he is lier

2)if he tell wrong then he is wrong person and then i ask the another person and i go the way what he told because he tell only the truth.

I will ask one of the men, "if I would ask the man standing next to you: which is the road to the village?, what would he answer?"
If I ask this to the liar, he will point me in the wrong way.
If I ask this to the one who speaks the truth, he will also point me in the wrong way.

So after asking the question, I will take the other way. This will bring me in the village.

Originally posted by : Sameer

I will ask one of the men, "if I would ask the man standing next to you: which is the road to the village?, what would he answer?"
If I ask this to the liar, he will point me in the wrong way.
If I ask this to the one who speaks the truth, he will also point me in the wrong way.

So after asking the question, I will take the other way. This will bring me in the village.

 

i agree with sameer sir

cheers

Leave a Reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Company
30 September 2026
Senior Accounts Executive

Codeboard Technology

Chennai

MBA

View Details
Company
16 September 2026
Internal Audit - Team Lead

Consulting & Beyond

Chennai

CA

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
Article/ Paid Assistant

Murali and Sumeet Chartered Accountant

Bengaluru

CA Foundation

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 15 September 2026
Freelance Taxation Content Writer Intern

Interactive Media Pvt Ltd.

New Delhi

CA Inter

View Details
Company
ARTICLESHIP 07 September 2026
CA Articles

Kothari Jain Patil & Chartered Accountants

Pune

CA Inter

View Details
Company
Featured 11 September 2026
Audit Executive

RBSM Corporate Advisors Private Limited

Pune

CA

View Details
Company
15 September 2026
Client-site CA associate

Aditya Muley and Co

Mumbai

CA

View Details
Company
17 September 2026
Chartered Accountant

Dass Gupta & Associates

Gurgaon

CA

View Details